All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Philco’s Way

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

Has anyone used Philco’s financial advice service?
    he claims he can make a McDonalds manager on an average income, own 22 properties in 1 year (he said this was documented in one of channel 9’s show).

I went to his free intro seminar and nearly fell asleep – he rambles too much to deliver some easy to understand points..

What is is service all about? Said he accesses your financial situation and work out a strategy for you to go into Negative Gearing properties.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hmmm…

I’ve never been to his seminar but I’ve heard enough on the radio to know this guy flogs -ve geared property to the masses.

quote:

He accesses your financial situation and work out a strategy for you to go into Negative Gearing properties.

…and probab;ly earns a commission for doing so off the developer, financial institution, insurance coy etc.

As such, it’s not something I’m interested in.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

He must have been very impressive for you to fall asleep.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

We went to one of his “FREE” seminars about a year ago and “WON” the home financial appraisal – Wow how lucky[:P]! (Later on we found out our friends that went with us also WON! Hmmm!

Any ho, the home appraisal is the same as all the other saps we let into our home over the years in the search for knowledge. They gather ‘your’ details and recap the points from the seminar. They say we openly answer all questions, and the answer to all questions is ‘they’ we go through that for you when we have completed the appraisal on your financials. Basically!

The laugh is that you have to pay between $500 and $1000 in order to be able to go to the next stage, the office report. We never laid our money down with Philco but have with another company that I expect were no different. Our reason for not meeting with the Philco team was because the independant RE business and the independant financial broker and the Philco sales team were all part owned by Phil from Philco. I think the rest was owned by his sons, but know I am struggling to remember that bit.

In Summation, they are a bunch of people selling overpriced negative geared properties to mum and dad investors that haven’t learnt any other way yet.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

hmmm, yeah i got this free appraisal thingy too!
    So u were saying they dont tell u anything useful about your financial situation in this free appraisal?
    DOes Philco sell you properties?

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

quote:

So u were saying they dont tell u anything useful about your financial situation in this free appraisal?

Not really, well not anything your bank or accountant cant tell you, at your house they gather information at their office they say eg: how much money you can afford to borrow. They tell you the virtues of negative gearing and explain how you can own 10 in 10 years.

quote:

DOes Philco sell you properties?

If you meet their lending criteria and they can get you to sign, thats their job.

Cheers
    Leigh K

Profile photo of ToeEdgeToeEdge
    @toeedge

[:(!]This post brings back ugly memories of a cold call I received once… I can’t remember the company. But it used similar methods to those mentioned here. My other half got cold called once and a week later we had a very charming fellow in our dining room at 8pm impressing us with the vitues of his finance/investing package. It used a LOC and some budgeting software which allowed them to monitor your spending and income etc. I started to get supicious when he started mentioning pine forest investments etc. Crunch time came 4hrs later when we finally managed to squeeze him for the setup costs price of this wonderful product…. $6000. I turned him down and he got a little upset. From memory, I think he returned one more time expecting us to sign up at which time we refused again. Then an attempt at pressure selling when he called me and advised I only had two days to go to invest into this once in a life time pine forest plantation. NO [:(!] was the answer again. He was baffled, “why would I not invest in this sure thing?”
    Who was he kidding!!!![:D]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Philco’s Way’ is closed to new replies.