All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Southport(QLD) area IP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Andrew3Andrew3
    Participant
    @andrew3

Hi everybody!

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some valuable comments on investing in units/villas/duplexes in Southport area in QLD (near Surfers Paradise).
    What I had in mind was:
    To buy a 5-6 yaer old IP unit for around $175K with a rental return of $195 p/w.

Is there anybody with experience in investing in this area? What are the vacancy rates like? Is this a good or bad area for investing?

Thank You very much.

Profile photo of ToeEdgeToeEdge
    @toeedge

[:D] You know, if you mix milk with Milo. It makes a really nice drink.[:D]
    What I am trying to say is, it’s all a matter of opinion. This deal looks like it’s returning about 6% which isn’t bad…. Don’t know what vacancy rates are like… maybe you could ring some property managers up there and get their opinion.
    Milo is a Rad drink too.[;)]

Profile photo of tamaratamara
    @tamara

Andrew

have you factored in the body corp fees and managements fees?

Tamara

Profile photo of susie_langmaid_2susie_langmaid_2
    @susie_langmaid_2

[8D]
    O.K. Andrew, I live on the Northern end of the Gold Coast. You can still get really good deals on duplex’s,etc… try Southport, Labrador, Biggera Waters which are all running hot at the moment but please stay away from this type of investing in big complexes. Rents are still a little too low on some places but agents are crying out for more places to rent out.
    Hope this helps. If you’d like any more info feel free to e-mail me on [email protected]
    Cheers big Ears!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Southport(QLD) area IP’ is closed to new replies.