All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Diploma in Real Estate… anyone here done it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of andrewkimber2andrewkimber2
    Participant
    @andrewkimber2

Hi All,

I realise I’ve posted this before, but got little response. I’d appreciate hearing from anyone thats done the Real Estate diploma in recent years. I’m thinking of starting it next year and would like other’s feedback on what the course is like.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! [:)]

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Andrew. I would also love to do such a course but in all honesty I do not have the time.
    Such is life.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

I am in the middle of the Course in Real Estate for Agents’ Representatives….

I’ll give you an overview when i’m done.

Is there anything particular you wanted to know?

Cheers
    Pete

Profile photo of andrewkimber2andrewkimber2
    Participant
    @andrewkimber2

Hi Pete,

You’re doing the Agent’s Rep certificate (4 modules), right? I have already done my agent’s rep in NSW, and wanting to go on to get the full diploma (which entitles you to become a licensee). If you find at any time you get stuck doing your agent’s rep course let me know, I’ll be happy to help you.

Thanks,
    Andrew.

Profile photo of LennyLenny
    @lenny

I have completed the Diploma in Business ( Real Estate Management ) course that the NSWREI runs, good course with professional presenters. Why do you want to do it? To apply for a Real Esate license with the Dept of Fair Trading you also need to have worked in the industry for 2 years.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

This is a very interesting post.

I’d like to know why you feel you want to do the course. That is – what benefit you will recieve that will make the time and cost worth it.

I’m all for ongoing education, however I would just caution you that the course is likely to teach you little about the practicalities of investing and more of the nuts and bolts to the infrastructure that keeps the industry humming along.

As such, unless you plan to work (ie. job) in the field (as opposed to invest) then I’d be more inclined to spend my time ‘in the wild’, rather than the classroom, learning the investing ropes where it counts most… in the marketplace.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

I did the real estate certificate as an eye opener only – and it is well worth the short time involved. It teaches you about the landlords rights and responsibilities, and has shown me how many bad real estate agents there are. Most of them blur the lines about what they should and shouldn’t do – knowledge forarms you for their trickery.
    Having done the course, it is much easier to judge the good agents. I always find there are agents to buy from, and they are different to the ones I would use to sell my property.
    Sounds like you are wanting to become an agent Andrew? Guess the advantage is that you would get first pick of good deals.

Profile photo of andrewkimber2andrewkimber2
    Participant
    @andrewkimber2

Thanks for your replies.

My motivation to do the diploma is really to get my real estate licence. I started working in real estate in 2000, and whilst I’m not working in the industry currently, I can see opportunities ahead which will be of most benefit if I have my licence.

I have done the “Statement of Attainment” or “Agents Rep” (last year) and so have been motivated since to go on further. Admittedly, I did the course only because I wanted my agents rep – the course content I basically already knew.

Having looked through the subjects in the full diploma I dont expect to find myself totally enthralled in the subject matter – most of the time it deals with the ideology of the industry rather than what “is”.

If someone asked me if they should do the agents rep, and they’ve never dealt with real estate before I would speak favourably about it (as Hilary said, it teaches you the basics), but for those a little in the know they would probably find it a tad boring.

So, I hope this gives you a better idea of my motivation.

Bye the way, my passion for real estate has grown since it no longer became my “day job”. Getting my licence is something for the future, and I’m aware of the conditions the REI impose.

Lenny, did you do the short version of the course (intensive version which is more seminar based than text book), or did you do the diploma at a tafe college?

Thanks for all your feedback.

Andrew.

Profile photo of LennyLenny
    @lenny

I did the intensive course- 1 full day each week of lectures for approx 10 months plus then time at home to complete all the assessment tasks(min 10hrs) while working in the industry full time – apart from the downside of being expensive and time consuming the best outcome for myself is that it reinforced the fact that the only thing I was really interested in was property investment!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Diploma in Real Estate… anyone here done it?’ is closed to new replies.