All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Sebel Apartments – St Kilda Rd

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of BlueboyBlueboy
    Participant
    @blueboy

Does anybody have any info or experiences on the Sebel serviced apartments on St Kilda Rd (VIC)? Are there any obvious pitfalls that I should be wary of when venturing into such an investment?

Profile photo of GaryEvansGaryEvans
    @garyevans

Hi

a couple of clients have properties in their and monthly costs are a killer they’ve been trying to sell out of there for sometime

if it was me i’d stay away

Regards

Gary

Profile photo of BlueboyBlueboy
    Participant
    @blueboy

Thanks Gary,
    I had quickly browsed the prospectus where there is a claim of no management fees etc and thought it was too good to be true. After your note I re-read the entire prospectus and noticed a couple of example P & L statements.These statements included an expense of ‘outgoings’ which I assume is a new name for management expenses. Anyway they ended up being around 18% of the rental income (ouch). Thanks for the heads up Gary. I guess for you novices out there (like me) if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn’t true.

Cheers,
    Blueboy

quote:

Hi

a couple of clients have properties in their and monthly costs are a killer they’ve been trying to sell out of there for sometime

if it was me i’d stay away

Regards

Gary

Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

what are serviced apartments?

i once heard my friend said one developer built an apartment tower, but changed its function to be used as serviced apartment first, for tax reasons?…

hmmm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sebel Apartments – St Kilda Rd’ is closed to new replies.