All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Swimming Pool ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

What do people think about a IP with a swimming pool, Is it to much hassle? Do i rely on the tenant looking after it or do i pay a pool company to do this?

What are the pro’s and con’s ?

Thanks Chris

Profile photo of truebluetrueblue
    @trueblue

[
    Depends on the IP you have. If its in a fairly expensive suburb & you can include the costs of outside maintenance into your rent, it may be an attraction. My experience is that its too much of a hassle. Most tenants cannot be bothered with it and it gets so messy when it is not attended to. It is a much better idea to get air conditioning instead.

Profile photo of juliabjuliab
    @juliab

I think it depends on where the property is. We have property in warmer states, one with and one without a pool. We got about $40 less rent a week for the one with no pool compaired to a rental in the same street with pool.

Profile photo of B.DerosB.Deros
    Participant
    @b.deros

quote:

I think it depends on where the property is. We have property in warmer states, one with and one without a pool. We got about $40 less rent a week for the one with no pool compaired to a rental in the same street with pool.

It does depend on your strategy a little but in general what you would gain in rent you more than lose in the extra cost of servicing the pool i.e. body corporate fees.
    But I am a no frills kind of guy when it comes to property. It’s not for me to live in after all, it’s for my tenants :)

Ben

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Swimming Pool ?’ is closed to new replies.