All Topics / The Treasure Chest / comparable sales data

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of vluu27vluu27
    @vluu27

Hi,

I just like to ask people, when doing due dilligence and researching comparable sales data, since we live in Victoria, I am unable to get sales data for Private Treaty sales. Its easy to get auction results and etc but that only covers about 70-75% of the market.

I would like to know 100% of past sales data of a target suburb just to be exactly sure.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Is there a way around it?

Regards

Profile photo of vluu27vluu27
    @vluu27

Thanks Michael & Kaye,

I also have tried those sites but they just give you an indication of how much the properties are through ‘lower median or upper median’ house prices.

I ‘m sort of looking for exact sales data in Vic.

http://www.homepriceguide.com.au is the best one I have found so far but they wont tell you private treaty sales.

Thanks for replying

Vinh

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

From my research when doing some links, you can find the data, but on a ‘user pays’ system. Or you could do it the hard way, like I used to do, which is to get a copy of the newspaper after auction and private sales and do a list of prices for a certain suburb and then do an average, median sum. It’s hard work and not as accurate.

Just a suggestion albeit an archaic one.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

There are no problems, only solutions

Profile photo of insiderinsider
    @insider

The best way to find out values is to hit the pavement. I no it is labour intensive but from a sheet of historical prices doen’t help. I bought historical data of home price guide and it was next to useless.

Profile photo of KevmanKevman
    @kevman

I think private treaty sales are sales that are not listed with an agent ie FSBOs (For Sale By Owner) or individual to trust/company. I got one of those price guide reports and a property we had bought last year was listed in it and we’ve never bought at auction. So some of these reports may contain up to 95% of sales data depending on how many FSBOs you have in your area.

Profile photo of MathewMathew
    Participant
    @matymathew

quote:

I think private treaty sales are sales that are not listed with an agent ie FSBOs (For Sale By Owner) or individual to trust/company.

A private treaty sale is simply the form of sale where offers made on a property are not public knowledge like they are at auction. Basically any property that is not put to auction is a private treaty regardless of if its with an agent or an FSBO.

Cheers,

Mathew.

Profile photo of OttoDarganOttoDargan
    @ottodargan

Hi Everyone,

Valuers are faced by this problem aren’t they? I did a Real Estate course with Tafe a while back and they had access to a Land Title office database which could spit out ALL the sales for the last 12 months for a suburb or for a “2km radius” from the property selected. I think there is a cost to subscribe to this database. Most valuers should be subscribed. While doing the course I did a search for my house in Russell Lea (Five Dock, Sydney) and it gave all the sales data for Five Dock and its surrounding suburbs (several pages, 10 or so I think). Since this was a while ago can someone (possibly a valuer??) confirm this?

Otto Dargan
    Home Loan Manager
    Mortgage House Five Dock
    02 97128988

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

The real estate agents in NZ will give you a print out of a couple of pages (depends how big the area is!) of the last houses they sold in the area, with the GV/CV and the price they actually sold for. Then you can figure out what a realistic price should be. In a lot of the areas I am looking in property is sold at 10 percent or 20 percent under GV.

I have also noticed that prices drop in winter and rise in summer…seems kinda obvious really but I have never heard anyone mention it

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

Mini Mogul

I think we’re on the same page re: NZ

Maybe we can discuss

My details are [email protected]

Cheers
    David U

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘comparable sales data’ is closed to new replies.