All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Tasmanian Waterside Property

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Yes, you may all say you are crazy but i am interested in adding a small parcel of land in Tassie to the portfolio.

I was not going to spend a great deal but see places quite close to Hobart such as Dodges Ferry and Sorrell (within 1 hour of Hobart) are quite cheap (below $20K for a 700+sqm block) some even with water views?!!

Some are on town services and look quite respectable. What is everyones opinion of this type of venture?

I am now going to start researching me thinkst.
    [8)]

Profile photo of nw1234nw1234
    @nw1234

Hi there, Can I ask if after your research, did you go ahead and invest in that area of Tas? I am also looking at the fundamentals in this area, and on the face of it, the figures add up. Cheers Nick

Profile photo of auskenausken
    Participant
    @ausken

[;)]Tread carefuly in Tassie,I have two properties in Hobart.Rentals at the moment seem to be very slow.That is they’re slow to rent out.
    There seems to be an interest in Tasmania in general.
    Actually they say the north of Tassie looks like being a goer,that is Burnie,Launceston,Penguin etc.
    As you say there is cheap land to be had,BUT!!!.
    It is expensive to build down there as everything has to come over from the mainland.
    You are better off buying established homes.I bought one did a small amount of work on it,that is painting and a bit of maintenance and looks like I could make a good profit within 8 weeks.
    One reason is that there isn’t enough houses to go around.
    So if you see something you like POUNCE DON’T HESITATE>

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

If your a serious investor Tassie is a waste of time, if you believe in the Bureau of stats projections of population growth. It’s population is aging faster than the rest of the country. Its dead money as far as I’m concerned.

The I think speculators have pushed up Tassie prices, but I recon Tassie will be the first to crash when things go pear shape in the Aussie economy. The fundamentals just aint there.

Why invest at 5% CG when you can get 10%+ in Queensland ? You can always buy back into Tassie at a discount if you want to retire there, had you invested in QLD instead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tasmanian Waterside Property’ is closed to new replies.