All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Interstate +ve cashflow property research?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Hi All,
    [?][?][?][?][?][?][?]
    I just wondering whether anyone have any suggestions regard researching into +ve cashflow property interstate?

I live in NSW, but I am interested in investing in QLD. Currently the only way that I can find investment property are through internet. Do I have to flight down there to inspect a lot of property? or is there any other way I can do it?

Any suggestion would be appreciated!
    [?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

Regards

Chandara
    The truth is out there!
    May the force be with you!

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Hi, Chan.
    This is exactly what I am doing at the moment. I am returning at beginning of May to do more research, having seen heaps on the net. I am a buyer’s agent, and could search the area to Gladstone for you (from NSW border up), if you would like to contact me thru [[email protected]].
    Otherwise, there are lots of people from Qld on this site – some who may have more deals than they can handle, who might pass something over to you.
    What about you A.D.?
    Either way, good hunting[;)]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Thanks Hilary,
    I will personal contact you soon.

A.D., what about you? have any ideas of how you approach it?

What’s about other, any suggestions please

Regards

Chandara
    The truth is out there!

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

how does one find a buyer’s agent?

I would like to find one for the area I’m looking in.
    But I don’t have any idea how to…..it’s a small country town, y’see….
    I’ve tried the local yellow pages (which only yields selling real estate offices) and a local employment agency (no go there either) – I’m a bit stumped.

Any ideas?

Mini

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Chan,
    The reality at present is that I buy anything I can that works. Things are getting tighter as more people become aware f the investment opportunity. I would love to be able to give away deals to everyone but that at present is not a reality. People like Hilary are invaluable and the service they offer is great for those who cannot get out there themselves.
    In truth though there is nothing like trudging the streets for yourself to get a feel for the area and if you like it or not. I always go somewhere for a while before I buy. I like to know the place and feel it’s “vibe”.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help Chan but Hilary is offering a great possible solution.

Remember the greates investors are those that can solve problems.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Participant
    @jetdollars

Mini,
    Look like you just found one here. I believe Hilary will be more than happy to help. Is it true Hilary?

Ad,
    Thanks for your contribution. From all the information that I gathered so far, I believe I am in the right track. I look for opportunity either through internet or agents and go there myself. Now I will try a Buyer’s Agent like Hilary and hope that will open up more opportunity for me.

Cheers

Keep Hunting…

Regards

Chandara
    The truth is out there!

Participant
    @jetdollars

Hi Hilary,

I send you 2 emails see below:
    ===============================================

Original Message

Sent: Thursday, 17 April 2003 15:04
    To: ‘[email protected]
    Subject: Interstate +ve cashflow property research?
    ===========================================

Original Message

Sent: Thursday, 17 April 2003 14:56
    To: ‘[email protected]
    Subject: Interstate +ve cashflow property research?
    ===========================================

Thank you for your responded regarding the above subject in Steve’s forum.

Currently I am doing a research into Logan City, QLD. I found quite a lot of properties on the net, but I don’t have that much time to go down there to inspect those property. Late last month I went there and bought 2, currently settling.

I believe as a buyer’s agent you are going to Logan city as well. So as a buyers’s agent, how much do you charge if you find property that much my criteria?

Where do you live, NSW or QLD?

Further more, last time you went to QLD where did you go? is it near Logan City?

Regards

Chandara
    The truth is out there!

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi everyone,

I can vouch for what AD (Andrew)said.

quote:

In truth though there is nothing like trudging the streets for yourself to get a feel for the area and if you like it or not. I always go somewhere for a while before I buy. I like to know the place and feel it’s “vibe”.

I sent my friend to look at a house advertised on the net, in an area I knew NOTHING about and she said “Wouldn’t touch it”. When I went to visit her this weekend, I found out why. She drove me through the area and I could see that the house was brick clad and covering a ‘multitude of sins’. This is not to mention the reputation for trouble this part of the town was. It was a real pity, because if this land was in Melbourne Suburbs it would be like the Toorak or Kew of Melbourne, or the Vacluse of Sydney. It pays to have local knowledge and really get the ‘vibe’ of the place.
    A buyer’s agent is good for passive investors, methinks and could potentially save you time. Creative thinking is what it’s all about. [:D]

Cheers

Sooshie [:)]

There are no problems, only solutions

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Chan,
    Out of interest what sort of prices are you paying in Logan and what rent do you expect. I only ask because i am always interested to see what southern investors consider wortwhile costings. Look forward to hear from you soon.

Enjoy
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Participant
    @jetdollars

Hi AD,

Recently, I bought 2 IPs in Logan. I bought those 2 before I know about Steve McKnight’s 11 Secs Solution and his due diligence. The due diligence is met, but the 11 secs soln does not meet at the moment. Here is more info regarding above IPs.

The first one is at Woodridge Price $63K renting at $110 at the moment, but will raise the rent to $130 in June. Will meet the 11 secs soln.

The second one is at Kingston Price $54K renting at $105 at the moment, but will raise the rent to $115 in August. Will meet the 11 secs soln.

Now I am looking for a couple more, but got no time to go to Logan City because I live in NSW. That why I am looking for a buyers’ Agent like Hilary which already have knowledge about IPs as well as 11 secs soln. I found quite a lot of property on the net that meet the 11 secs soln, but I rather have a good inspection first before I buy. To me it is a bit risky to buy IPs off the net with just couple of photos because the agents normally took the best photos of the house.

Do you have any suggestion location in QLD that I can look into for IPs?

Hearing from you soon.

Regards

Chandara
    The truth is out there!

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey chandara,

Would I be right in guessing that the properties you bought are units ?
    That certainly makes a difference in the cashflow.
    Talk soon.

Enjoy
    (Andrew)

Albert Einstein

Participant
    @jetdollars

AD,

They are townhouse. With my calculations it will be cash flow +ve soon.

CKev

Regards

Chandara
    The truth is out there!

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Hi, all.
    Sorry for the delay – have been away looking at qld property, and then when u get home there is the stuff to do that you couldn’t while away – where is that magic fairy? Since I too live in fairy land,(tho’ no one’s been game to use that exact term to me) I would love to come home and find the fairies have done it all for me………one day I will give in and get that cleaner!!!!!
    Have replied to chan’s email above directly, and to answer some of the other queries…yes, I’m happy to help out if I possibly can – just contact me on that email adress above, and I’ll do my best.
    I believe that buyer’s agents are fairly rare, and they are mostly linked to developers, and will try to sell the development units/land solely, while convincing you that there is no better deal available. Others are linked to a particular real estate agent ( in some states this is the law) and therefore try to sell what that agent has listed.
    I think this sums up the current situation.

Profile photo of wise1wise1
    @wise1

Hi all ….2 points

1)I am in WA and looking for properties that fit the 11 second criteria. Is there anyone else in WA who is interested in joining forces and helping each other oput with research and tips.If so please feel free to email at address below.

2) Hilary I would be interested in talking to you about your role as a buyers agent (is that the term). If you are happy to do so could you please email me and I will contact you directly

Cheers
    Darryl Smith
    email:[email protected]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Interstate +ve cashflow property research?’ is closed to new replies.