Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi, i found this site when doing reserch on for property in QLD.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

I am looking at the areas of Morningside, Norman Park, Shorncliffe, Manly or Brighton. Preferably for an older house with character upto 300k my quandry is do i spend upto 300k in the first 4 suburbs or look at a cheaper house in Brighton?

I am looking mainly at capital growth over the next 10-20 years and don’t mind it being negitive geared to much ($50 pw).

Or does anyone have other ideas for QLD. I am based in Melbourne and don’t have much knowledge of the areas.

Thanks in advance.
    Chris[?]

Profile photo of MJKMJK
    @mjk

Chris,

By way of qualification, I have several older style properties in Qld. I think 300k sounds alot to pay, maybe these areas have already taken off. My money would be on the cheaper properties in Brighton.I’d aim for minimum 6%return if capital gains is your motive.

MJK

Profile photo of susiemacsusiemac
    @susiemac

hi Chris

We lived in Brissie for many years and now live in a regional centre a few hours away. The word is, that property prices have peaked (for now) in Brisbane and may flatten out a little, so could be a good time to buy. Just try to remember that what sounds cheap to a victorian or new south welshman may not be cheap to a qlder. Do some research on the net to see what similar properties are selling for.
    Brighton would be my tip.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Thank you both for your replies. I have been concentrating on Brighton as today, but also looking into Birkdale

Chris

Profile photo of baysider01baysider01
    Participant
    @baysider01

You won’t go wrong in Brighton, as the nearby suburbs of Sandgate and Shorncliffe have taken off. All of the northern bayside suburbs are soaring, and Brighton has lagged a little behind. We built last year in Sandgate, and have gained about 45% in value already.

Look into Nundah in Brisbane’s inner north. It has big potential.

“Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated.
    You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps”. — David Lloyd George.

Profile photo of 111111111111
    Participant
    @111111

PRD Research tips Jindalee suburb as well. It is near the river.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Queensland?’ is closed to new replies.