All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Relocatable Homes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of quasimodoquasimodo
    @quasimodo

Howdy Campers!

On doing some due dilligence from the snowier side of the Earth I accidentally stumbled across something interesting in a suburb nowhere near where I’m looking. The property (which can be seen at http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&ag=&s=qld&c=11177236&tm=1049383607&id=1591727&f=0&p=30&t=res&ty=&snf=rbs&cu=&fmt=&header=is a mobile home with 3br/1ba asking $38,000. Now having no experience with the conventions of selling mobile homes I’m intrigued! The ad reads as though the land may be included, but I can’t be sure. Obviously due dilligence would be needed (especially for somewhere that far out), however if this is the kind of price commanded because the house was built in a different way then I’m wondering if there’s an unseen opportunity here…

Should I be assuming this kind of deal would exlude land? Would this kind of price be because the suburb (Aspley) is built on a toxic waste dump? (I’m not saying it is, residents of Aspley, I just don’t know! [;)]). Is there something else here I’m missing or am I sniffing gold? [:)] Bear in mind I’m not refferring to whether *this* property is a good investment or not, so much as whether mobile homes are worth looking at for wrapping!

Interested in all thoughts/opinions/wildly inaccurate but amusing assumptions!

Quasimodo

PS This post brought to you n the DOlf DeRoos spirit of “If something looks to good to be true then… check it (and its due dilligence) out FAST!” [:D]

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Worth checking ot mate but I think you will find it is of a similar nature to the deal Hilary was offering. Having lived in that area I can gues exactly where that would be and it is more than likely in the caravan park. Not neccesarily a bad thing but as you said a little more due diligence. As to aspley it is by no means a toxic waste dump (no need to fear). As a whole Aspley has experienced growth over the last 2 years of around 60-80% in some parts and across the whole it has had good growth. (Mum and Dad still live in Aspley and have done very well).
    Hope this helps any more questions fire away.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Quasimodo hi, hope Canada is great. When I see your origin,I remember this time 3 years ago we had a month travelling in one of those awsome motor homes from Seattle where our daughter was through Montana and Idaho and right up to Calgary, met our son and did all the Rockies and back through snowfields, Whistler, etc, Vancouver, all weather too. Dreaming of it!!

Back to the subject, mum sold a relocatable home in a village in Yamba a few years back. It was just the house. When you buy them you order the house from plans & inclusions available, usually curtains, carpet, even can pick your own tiles, & they usually come in two pieces and are put together on the site you choose in the village.
    You pay usual rental fee, elect, phone, gas. If you want to at some time, it can be moved elsewhere. Price to move it from Yamba to Newcastle then was $20,000 odd.

That was new but there are often relocatables for sale in the papers here, Hunter Valley, I have seen them from $15,000 for a 1 bedroom, some in the parks & relocatable home villages, some people want them moved as they have been temporary accommodation on site while building on acreages.They are sometimes for sale in the Trading Post too under Houses or under Building Materials.

We have also looked in detail into moving old federation homes which are to be demolished onto a block of land, doing up and renting out. Most can be moved from the site for $20,000 onto your site. That doesn’t include the stumps, or any other service connections. Some are quite good, one recently was excellent, only needed carpet taken out, floors polished,a ‘new’ secondhand kitchen, bit of paint inside. We weren’t ready just then.

That one on the net looked more like fibro exterior, the genuine relocatables are usually vinyl clad boards and of course the old feds that we are looking at are timber. Depending on their size they are cut into two or three. There are also relocatables for sale in beach caravan parks in this area but they have gone up recently from round the $30,000 to $70,000. Haven’t enquired as to their rent for a few years. There are a fair few relocatable display houses round, different manufacturers. Also call them manufactured homes.

All the best for the coming occasion and your return to Oz. Anna

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Relocatable Homes’ is closed to new replies.