All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Book Intro… What Do You Think?

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Profile photo of BeckyGordonBeckyGordon
    Participant
    @beckygordon

Hi Steve,
    There were a few key points that I particularly liked about the intro such as; your honest approach that the book is not promising to be a “get rich quick scheme”, as this is all too often what people are looking for. Secondly, the fact that other people can be sceptical about investing as a lifestyle change certainly rings true, as I have already come across this situation when speaking with friends about positive cashflow investing, and I haven’t even started to invest… yet [:D]. I also liked the part about gradually becoming self sufficient and not needing to have a profession in investing techniques to succeed. The part about acquiring a property every 8.5 days is definately intriguing and certainly sets your mind to wondering about whether you can achieve this. It all comes back to leaving your comfort zone.[:)]

Looking forward to seeing you all at the seminar in about seven weeks….. and counting…..[:P]

Becky S [8D]

P.S I love the smileys Steve [8)][:0)][:I] (can you tell I’m a newbie)

Profile photo of susiemacsusiemac
    @susiemac

Steve said: If it’s ok then I’d love to use what you wrote.

Susie said: Go ahead, use anything I wrote, glad to help.. and it’s what I like about this site: sharing information and ideas is win-win for everyone. Did you like the title idea?

Steve said:(Are you also putting your hand up for the proofing job? [;)])

Susie said: I’m sure you can get hold of someone locally but let me know if you get no joy. I would love to go to one of your seminars but haven’t been able to afford it yet… so maybe we could do some kind of contra.

Profile photo of royshippenroyshippen
    @royshippen

Steve,

I like the way you’ve written the intro. It’s appealing and you’ve certainly aroused my interest. Good to have an Australian written book on the subject. Please order me a copy.

Profile photo of LennaLenna
    @lenna

It looks great Steve, I am in need of a new book excellent timing! Seems that you have already had some constructive comments – however just to give you my first impression,reads well and sparked my interest. However,when was it that you decided that you had escaped the work slavery? I’m always amazed at the time factor involved. Did you have a defining moment or did it creep up on you? I’m guessing that when Julie heard her own request to her boss it became real for her. So I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe something a little bit more about your own personal financial freedom in addition to Julie’s 1 day of extra freedom. Just a thought…and I fear that I have not explained myself well. Greenfrog

Profile photo of JStPerthJStPerth
    @jstperth

Steve,
    I agree with many of the compliments that have been made. It is an enticing introduction and the notion of gaining a day is paradigm shifting. I would be interested in reading it. I am working through your “Property Secrets Revealed” (not quickly enough though !) and I am sure you can include a lot more “flesh” or material of substance in a book format than this CD/workbook format.

Pedantic point, I am also a Chartered Accountant and you are probalby correct in that you were involved in the “professional year (PY) program”. It is now referred to as the “CA program”.

Regards
    JS[:I]

Profile photo of Richard1Richard1
    @richard1

Hi Steve, of what I’ve read so far, I’m interested and I’m pretty sure that for those who are looking, this book will sell without a problem. For those who are not looking, the book will sell via word of mouth. Your credentials are impeccable and you’ve certainly got the score on the board as proof that what you are doing and advocating, works.

Cheers

Profile photo of Renee2Renee2
    @renee2

Hi Steve,
    Very inspiring, draws the reader in immediately. Looking forward to the books release, so I can turn to the next page.
    Wishing you even greater success. [:)]

Profile photo of ProcrastinateProcrastinate
    @procrastinate
    Quote:
    [:)]
    Hi,Steve, interesting material, most importantly easy to understand. KISS Keep It So Simple.
    As you say Steve that success comes from doing things differently.
    You “are” doing things different and showing people to think different and creating a possitive addituted in there minds.
    I’m looking forward in reading the book when comes out and maybe a special pre-launce price for members, (just a thought)
    Keep up the good work Steve, “I know somebody has to do it”. [:I]
    Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

>ONLY BUY THIS BOOK IF…

takes too long to get to the answer to this question perhaps?

(….you want to know how to become a property millionaire in three years.)???!

Re: the Julie story, I agree with what many have already said, surely if you’re a millionaire neither you nor your wife would need to work any more, unless you want to!

> If you’d like to work less and want to discover the way my wife and I achieved
    > financial independence in less then three years, then [book title] is for you.

re: this bit, I think ‘working less’ is not nearly so attractive as ‘achieving financial independence in less than three years’, the latter meaning (to me) that neither of you have to work ever again, as income from your investments makes you more money than your expenses.
    I think you have to tell people that *that’s* where they can get to

Not just some halfway a bit better place where you ‘work less’.

>While this book outlines how you can achieve extra-ordinary wealth building >results, it’s certainly not a book about how to get rich quick.
    Isn’t it? i would have thought that 3 years is pretty quick. i would also have thought that your method is not only a quick one (because of leverage etc etc) but also a safe and secure one (because of positive cashflow) and that would be two points I would think you’d want to mention.

Nobody wants to hear that it’s slow and really hard, they want to hear that they can read this book and have the know-how to do what you did within a time-frame and that you’ll show ’em how.!

> Contained in the upcoming pages is detailed, specific, challenging, honest and
    > thought-provoking information about how to use positive cashflow property
    > investing to build enough passive income so you can gradually work less and
    > then, finally, no longer need to work at all.

this is great. You’re on to it. i think that’s the guts in a nutshell.

> You might be wondering that if I’m so wealthy, why bother writing this book?
    > Well, I’m a natural-born mentor and derive enormous personal satisfaction from
    > helping people, just like you, improve their financial and life position, with
    > a focus on breaking the bonds of 21st century slavery – having to work.

You could add a lighthearted crack such as ‘Besides, what good is it if you’re financially free but your friends are still struggling to get by with their full-time day jobs? I had to write this book for my friends if I wanted some buddies to play golf with!”
    ah, I dunno. but you could add something like that there!
    On a serious note you could use the word ‘joy’, it gives me great joy to empower other people to do what I did’.

> The positive gearing model is one that values income returns above capital >appreciation in order to gradually scale back your need to work without >suffering a drop in your lifestyle.

I think there’s an even simpler way to describe this than “scaling back your need to work” or using the word ‘lifestyle;,
    A lot of people have heard of positive gearing (and negative gearing) and didn’t know what either of them mean, let alone the difference.
    (shh, don’t tell anybody, but I was one of those people before I came to your course.!!)

so how about this, ( hack-job edit)

The positive gearing model is one that values income returns above capital appreciation. When the income from a property is greater than the loan repayments and ownership costs, you make money. That’s positive cashflow investment.

This is the story of how I, together with my business partner Dave Bradley, have used the positive cashflow model to acquire 130 properties in under 3 years, at an average of a new positive cashflow dwelling every eight and a half days.

This book will show you how you too can become a positively geared investor able to acquire multiple properties almost indefinitely.

> Nothing written in this book requires you to be an accountant, economist,
    > rocket scientist or brain surgeon to understand what is written. My approach
    > to investing is based on common sense.

I love this bit.

> It’s my sincerest wish that this book will help you to achieve your life
    > goals. In order for this to happen you must take responsibility for taking
    > action. It will be relatively easy to read [book title], but far more
    > difficult when it comes time to moving out of your comfort zone and taking
    > action.

ditto.

> So with all this in mind, should you buy this book?

oooh…..I dunno…i think, don’t even introduce the element of doubt that they might not buy it!
    I think you could write to the reader *assuming* that if they’ve picked it up and are reading it, they’ve bought it.
    Even if they haven’t bought it, that assumption will draw the reader in, whereas that statement above keeps them at arms’ length.

> If you believe you deserve the freedom that financial independence delivers,
    > then yes – definitely. I’ve shown many others how to use positive cashflow
    > property investing to build a lifetime of wealth and now, if you have a mind
    > eager to learn, then I’d like to show you too.

cool

> Join with me now as I outline what works, and what doesn’t, in the world of
    > real estate investing. I promise it will change the way you invest in property
    > forever.

great

I think the reader needs to know that you will show them exactly what to do and how to do it, what to look for, how you did it, and that they will be empowered to do it too.
    Well, that’s what I’d like, anyway!
    That’s why I bought Robert Kiyosaki, Dolf De Rolf (Roos, but I call him Dolf de Rolf) – but they didn’t deliver details, and i think you will. i think that’s an important difference that you could somehow point out too.

I think I would like to know (if I was browsing and i didn’t know you) that there *is* work to be done, that it isn’t some scammy empty promise based on hype, and i think it would be OK to tell the reader that although they’re aiming for financial freedom in three years, that during those three years, they’ll be working their butts off *in addition to their day jobs* and facing more challenges of every kind than they ever have, but that it’s nothing they can’t handle, because you have walked before them to light the way…. aww…..

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of KarenColeiroKarenColeiro
    @karencoleiro

[:)]Steve,
    Its about time someone informed the so called investors about buying cashflow properties, we have been targeted lately by many property developers in relation to buying property which is going to cost us money, I don’t understand why any one would want to do this, but I do no of many that do exactly that, we have given friends ideas on how to increase rent etc but that just keep things the same old way, I think we will have to buy copies of your book for them.

We have just got back from Tasmania where investors from the mainland are paying over the asking price for properties which are then not making the 11 second solution, but we did get a nice block of flats. Thanks for your help.

Good Luck
    Karen Coleiro – housewife, mum AND LANDLORD

Profile photo of bobbydhawnbobbydhawn
    Participant
    @bobbydhawn

Hi Steve,

sounds great! Can’t wait to read the book!
    [:D]

Profile photo of harryt.harryt.
    @harryt.

Hello Steve
    When I fisrt thought about ip i thought that +cash flow was the natuarl way to go. After talking with many people, reading a book or two and going to seminars i have now begun to think that -cash flow is the norm. Few people seem to think that positive cf is the most logical way to go. It seems your book is set to dispel this concept. i for one look forward to finding a way to re-visit my initial thinking and look forward to finding a way to live with a positive cash flow property portfolio.
    About your inro…I hope that you can support what you say. Please put me down for a copy so i can decide for myself.[;)]

Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

To be a good instructor you must listen.
    Thankyou for your request to supply input.
    A good start by an Australian for Australian conditions.
    I look forward to reading further.

Regards Michael

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Book Intro… What Do You Think?’ is closed to new replies.