All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Property Investing savvy Solicitors & Land tax

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of nadinenadine
    @nadine

Hi there
    I am a new investor with one property – finally got LOC approved to buy more – I need to create my “team”. Does anyone have any tips for finding a solicitor? Should I have a different one in each place I am investing or have my own in Sydney where I live. Can anyone recommend some good ones or is that a no no? Of course I would check them out myself…..

Also – regarding land tax – when is it payable on with a wrap deal? (assuming it is owned in my name)?

Thanks in advance for any help![:D]

Profile photo of quasimodoquasimodo
    @quasimodo

Hi Nadine!

Welcome to the board!

As to finding a good solicitor, foremost I’d look for one with experience in the area you’re looking at (eg wraps) or failing that, someone who at least is open to the *possibility* that it may be doable. In Sydney you can check out Tony Cordato (his website is at http://www.businesslawyer.com.au and the number is (02) 9290 2773). I’ve had a couple of friends say that he’s not particularly speedy with actually finalising actual deals, however my partner and I went to him and for $300 he sat down with us for 2-3 hours explaining the legal ins and outs of wraps (including FHOG) and provided us with a full legal contract for doing them in NSW. It was time and money most excellently invested. I only wish I’d thought to take a tape recorder or massively more notes! I will warn you his manner is slightly odd, but he knows his contract (which is used by John Burley) inside out.

Have fun!

Quasimodo

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Which part of Australia are you in Nadine ?? People may be able to give you more direct answers if they know where you come from.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of nadinenadine
    @nadine

Thanks for your help Quasimodo and AD. I have spoken to Tony Cordato a couple of years ago and obtained a contract from him at that time. I was just wondering whether people were using anyone else.(Not that I had any problem there) I am based in Sydney.

Can anyone help me with the land tax question?

Nadine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Property Investing savvy Solicitors & Land tax’ is closed to new replies.