All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Should I or Should I not?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of RetireBy40RetireBy40
    @retireby40

At the moment, i am considering 4 properties that priced as 520K, 460K, 440K & 415K. In term of projected ROI, they are about the same. In qualitative measure, they are fairly much in line too. In real dollars term, the higher the price the better the total cash return. I need to come up with a good strategy to get me the best deal out of the 4, any suggestion?

Regards,

Hiu

Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

Hi

What is your strategy with these properties?

I would have thought that the lower the price, the better cash on cash return (%) ?

David U

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Hui,

What are you astually after. I can’t follow what you want from the community. Could you clarify a little please ??
    Thanks

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Hi, for what it is worth, I can’t see that you can get a better return on those higher priced properties. We have purchased several units recently, none over $60,000 and all well inside the 11 second rule giving us great cashflow. A few houses, none over $130,000 are positive too.
    Our strategy was for cash flow and some capital gain and we have achieved both in these lower priced properties. Maybe it’s worth a bit more research on the net. Anna

Profile photo of jasontang888jasontang888
    @jasontang888

Anna,
    where could you find such great deals? Those units are a bargain, any advice for a novice?
    And what is the 11 second rule?

Regards
    Jason

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Jason,
    Welcome to the gang. To answer the 11 second question….. Do a search on this site under 11 second solution and you will find some quite detaioled discussion about it. Hope this helps.

Enjoy
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Hi, check out realestate.com on the net and look at north queensland towns/cities. We also have a friend who went up that way for a few days holiday and ended up buying 2 properties. I also heard (from a developer!) that Gladstone is going ahead, lots of infrastructure going in there. I look in the price range first, eg. click on up to X$, then see what is offering, contact agents, check on the net what other rentals are in the area, etc. The $55/$60,000 properties are units, one of which gets $135 rent. We are in NSW so I do a lot of checking and research. Hope you find something on the net. Anna

Profile photo of RetireBy40RetireBy40
    @retireby40

Just to let you know that I settled for the 440K one. I consider that a good deal for me simply because my wife like it better than the other and we probably move there in a couple year time. In the meantime, I can enjoy the negative gearing that I desperately need for this year and allowed me the reason to hunt down more +ve geared properties. BTW, as long as the appreciation can maintain at 5% non-compound per year, I can be sure of 25% cash to equity ROI per year.

Regards,

Hiu

Profile photo of ScottyScotty
    @scotty

quote:

Hey Jason,
    Welcome to the gang. To answer the 11 second question….. Do a search on this site under 11 second solution and you will find some quite detaioled discussion about it. Hope this helps.

Enjoy
    (Andrew)

Albert Einstein

Hi Andrew,
    I’m a new kid on the block as well.
    Pleased to meet you!
    I did a search on the 11 second rule myself and came up empty handed.
    Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Scott

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Scott

Hi and welcome to a fantatis adventure[:D]

I was wondering if you did a search the the 11 sec sol on this site or on the internet? I know it’s a dumb question but you never know!

Leigh K[:D]

“If you will take on your self-doubt and laziness, you will find the door to your freedom.”
    -Robert Kiyosaki

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Scotty,
    If you go to the search function and search using “sec solution” you will find heaps of hits. Any problems let me know.
    Use search for all words and all in everything else (as you will find it on the page).

Enjoy
    (Andrew)

Albert Einstein

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Should I or Should I not?’ is closed to new replies.