All Topics / The Treasure Chest / software choices

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of STEVE_2STEVE_2
    @steve_2

Hi all,
    Before I start I’ll try and give you the basics. I’m a new property investor who currently is managing three properties that are out of state and I’m tring to find some computer software that would make life just that little bit easier. Keeping track isn’t that hard but I’m sure there must be a better way for keeping track of the in and out going costs, purchase costs etc, so later on down the track all the information that is needed will be available.. Also something that is accountant friendly is an idea as well.. I’m know that there is alot of programs on the market but what I would like is some feedback from the real users of the software and not the computer companies that are tring to sell it off…. Any help would be great… Thanks in advance [:)]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

There are a number of options available.

First you can choose an ‘off the shelf’ accounting package such as MYOB or Quicken and then tailor it to your requirements.

Another cheap (and simple) option is to use an Excel spreadsheet.

Alternatively you might like to use a tailored package specific to property investors. The product of choice seems to be P.I.A. software put out by the folks at Somersoft (see more).

A good idea would be to search through the forum too (use ‘SOFTWARE’) as a few people have been seeking beta testers for property related software recently.

Good luck and please report back with what you find to be your preference.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of SaskatoonSaskatoon
    Participant
    @saskatoon

Hi Steve.
    in regard to Steve McKnight’s suggestion: the PIA software is excellent, but is for comparing different strategies – a ‘what if’ technique.
    Try http://www.otter-software.com.au/ for property tracking software. DuncanM, the author, is an investor himself, and it’s written for Aust. conditions.
    Terry

Terry
    Finance

Profile photo of mradelaidemradelaide
    @mradelaide
    Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi,

Are you interested in these links about software going into the useful links section?

Cheers

Sooshie [:)]

There are no problems, only solutions

Profile photo of STEVE_2STEVE_2
    @steve_2

Thank-you to everybody that has taken the time to add some input..
    Sooshie, I think it would be a great idea to add the links provided to your links page. (great idea by the way!!!!)
    As for me I’m currently testing a coulpe of the downloads suggested, both the Somersoft P.I.A and the Otter Software’s Property tracker. These links have been a great help, Thanks again…..
    Steve[8D]

Profile photo of Dianne2Dianne2
    @dianne2

I use Property Manager Pro software whick records all the info on property purchases, including purchase/sale costs, income, expenses, graphs, capital growth projections, etc. I bought it through the API mag and cost me about $200. My accountant accapts the printouts for tax returns. Suggest you have a look at this.

I don’t have the mag’s website address handy but should be easy to find. Alternatively buy a copy at a newsagents.

Dianne

Profile photo of quasimodoquasimodo
    @quasimodo

quote:

I don’t have the mag’s website address handy but should be easy to find. Alternatively buy a copy at a newsagents.

[:)] http://www.apimagazine.com.au/pages/magazine/software.html

Quasimodo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘software choices’ is closed to new replies.