All Topics / The Treasure Chest / articles from the US

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Dr_BellDr_Bell
    @dr_bell

hi found this cool web site (actually another forum member did and i quite liked it). Its about a property guru watchdog guy and has a lot of stuff about +ve cash flow and nothing down deals / lease options etc etc. VERY Interesting reading!!!.

http://www.johntreed.com/rateseminars.html

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I can’t say that this website is “cool” at all. All this guy seems to do is put down successful investors and businesspeople in order to push his own material.

I find it very unethical that he can say “Rich Dad….is a pack of lies. My initial reaction to hearing about Dolf De Roos was that anyone who would associate themselves with a liar should not be trusted themselves.” when referring to Dolf De Roos and Robert Kiyosaki.

My opinion is that John Reed has different goals and strategies to that of people such as De Roos and Kiyosaki and should not sit there and blast away at a persons character. It takes a very small man indeed to have a website dedicated to attacking other people.

My 2 cents.

Matt.

Profile photo of Dr_BellDr_Bell
    @dr_bell

I find it very unethical that he can say “Rich Dad….is a pack of lies. My initial reaction to hearing about Dolf De Roos was that anyone who would associate themselves with a liar should not be trusted themselves.” when referring to Dolf De Roos and Robert Kiyosaki.

My opinion is that John Reed has different goals and strategies to that of people such as De Roos and Kiyosaki and should not sit there and blast away at a persons character. It takes a very small man indeed to have a website dedicated to attacking other people.

Actual it is not at all unethical to question someones character if it is backed up with facts. It is unethical for the person like RK to spout stuff that has facts wrong or has lied about his back ground. I wouldn’t say reed is attaking people at all – you missed the Reeds point of his web site. think of it as the “choice Magazine” “Australian Consumer Commission” or ATSIC of the real estate world i.e he is a watch dog and an ulternative to a site such as this (don’t get me wrong – quite like this site and steve, although i’m much more carfull now and that’s a good thing, is it not??!

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I agree that if you have gotten benefit out of what the site says and if you are more careful in future then that is great.

What I said was merely my personal opinion and for me if I had not read Rich Dad Poor Dad I would still be running around the ratrace with no plans to get out. I may still be in the ratrace, but I now have a plan to get out, thanks to RK.

In regards to the watchdog comment, is he a self proclaimed watchdog or appointed by a governing body as the ACC and ASIC are?

Cheers,

Matt.

Profile photo of OPMOPM
    @opm

It’s true that Reed hasn’t got a lot of good things to say about many people but at least he states them openly without hiding behind a pseudonym, and also gives some evidence to his claims.
    However, I really agree with what he has to say about Kiyosaki. Why? Because he backs up his claims with evidence. He doesn’t just rant on about how Kiyosaki is a dodgy conman, but makes valid points and gives evidence to back up his claims. I would really like to see Kiyosaki try and defend himself by disputing any of Reed’s claims, as many facts seem to be lacking and his credibilty suffers.

Kiyosaki’s books are good for motivation but little else. As matt has mentioned, he needed something like Kiyosaki to motivate himself.
    Kiyosaki has made a lot of money from his ability to motivate, impress the masses and milk every dollar he can from books and boardgames.

The content of Kiyosaki’s books could be summed up in a couple of paragraphs, but obviously the royalties would not be there.

~ better to die on your feet than to live on your knees ~

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘articles from the US’ is closed to new replies.