All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Away from home

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Pro investorPro investor
    Participant
    @pro-investor

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has done there fist wraps in towns more than 2hrs away cause in my town the houses that i’d like to wrap i’ll need $20,000 20% down and in the other town just 10’000 20% and if they did what promblems if any did they run into.

Thanks Rob

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Yep Rob I certainly have my wrap is in a town about 3 hours away. I would and will do it again though. The biggest issue is screening and showing. A face to face is essential so that means you have to try and do these in block times for your sake. Apart from that it’s worth travelling a few times that far for $3000+/year.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

“Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.”
    Lat., “Seize the day, put no trust in tomorrow.”
    -Horace, Odes

Profile photo of MBMB
    @mb

Hi Rob,

I just completed a wrap 5-6 hours from where I live and work. It’s very hard at the start (where I’m still at), however I know others who have done this and it becomes easier the more you do. You’ll need to have the motivation to travel a great deal, and/or get someone to show the houses for you.

Alternatively, you can get special lockboxes that you can put keys into (leave it at the property itself), and give the combination to people who sound interested and trustworthy over the phone.

Get their driver’s licence details, and make it sound like you don’t usually do it but are trusting them as they have been pre-qualified – also mention that you plan to be around the house shortly after them, but can’t be sure exactly what time (this way they think if they cause any damage, you will know it was them).

I only met the buyer in person for the very first time yesterday as I handed over the keys – you’ll be surprised how motivating it is to find new and more efficient ways of doing things when it’s going to save you hours of travel.

Regards,
    Marcus.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Away from home’ is closed to new replies.