All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Just learning, need advice…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of WillieWillie
    @willie

Hi there,

I’ve just found the site in the last couple of days, and already have found loads of useful information and assistance from the forums.

I am now looking for a change in employment direction, and have always been interested in property investing and development.

I’m almost over the line in signing up for the seminar, however am worried that my lack of experience (ie. Nil) and my partner not being analytical or financially minded, we would not obtain the full benefits provided. What do you think? {We’re both about to turn 28 – if that matters}.

Willie

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Willie

I took am not overly strong on the financial side of things. But I do beleive, that’s just a problem for me to solve – I can learn that.

Since spending time in this forum (mostly) and others my financial understand has already increased. I have learnt to work out my Debt Servicing Ratio, Cash on Cash Returns amoungst other things.

As you are probably aware my husband and I are going to be attending the Australian Property Investing Masters, and I am confident of two results, 1) We will both learn A LOT, about financials aswell as other property related issues and, 2) We/I will come away with a list of issues that we will need to learn more about.

Either way I figure will be ahead. Especially if we are one of the lucky ten!

Steve, this lucky ten is really starting to feel like something out of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory[8D]

So Willie, I hope to be seeing you there.

Cheers
    Leigh K

“If you will take on your self-doubt and laziness, you will find the door to your freedom.”
    -Robert Kiyosaki

Profile photo of WillieWillie
    @willie

Thanks Leigh,

I agree with that, and appreciate you taking the time given to me. In all likelihood, you will see me there.

Very funny, and true re: Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory.

Cheers, Willie.[:)]

Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Willie, what a fantastic age to be starting. Go for it, keep learning, read all you can and you will probably be retired well and truly by the time you are 40, if you want to be. Anna

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Willie,
    Mate I reckon you are mad if you don’t come. The whole issue of lack of experience is perfect for you to come. Imagine….if you wanted to paint a picture which would you use, a pre-used and stained canvas or a fresh canvas. The beauty of being inexperienced is that your mind is fresh to opportunities. You can go to the smorgasboard of property options and have a feed on each type. I loved the ability to hear “experts” in the different areas. This year I am bringing my wife with me as last time I took a friend. I will look forward to seeing you people down there.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

“Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.”
    Lat., “Seize the day, put no trust in tomorrow.”
    -Horace, Odes

@willie

Wow,

thankyou for your advice. Much appreciated. I’ll see you there!

Cheers, Willie.

Profile photo of quasimodoquasimodo
    @quasimodo

Can you think of a better way to become “financially minded” than to be tutored by people who are?

I can’t!

Maybe that’s why I’ve become a seminar junkie…
    Just as well they (nearly) always pay for themselves many times over! [:D]

All the best! You’re on the first step to a better path.

Quasimodo

@willie

I’m very excited now. I signed yesterday, and already I have purchased more reading material and am taking in as much information as I can.

[;)]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just learning, need advice…’ is closed to new replies.