All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Questions about FastTrack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of 4walls24walls2
    Participant
    @4walls2

Just a few questions here. On the tape Steve said they owned 145 properties giving them between $60-100pw rent. Lets say $80pw.

Okay I’ll do the maths here

$80pw x 12 months x 145 properties = $139,200

Steve said that he uses a 3 rule. 1/3 re-invested back into the property, 1/3 for capital appreciating investments and the final 1/3 for lifestyle. So $139,200/3=$46,400 per 3rd. Steve has a business partner – so would I be right in assuming that he has to split this into 2. So the $46,400 for lifestyle now becomes $23,200 per annum? I spent a few hours last night doing an annual expense sheet. There is a major discrepancy between actual cost and $$$$ left over for lifestyle given 145 properties. Even if we don’t have to split it, the $46,400 still falls short. This obviously is without my husband being in fulltime employment. Our biggest expenses would be rent and education for the children.

Also, if you have so much property then isn’t this against the old adage of diversification.

Nothing was mentioned about the effect the FHOG has had on rising vacanies and reduced rents.

Would love to hear from people who have meaty property portfolios. Would like to know if you have seen a shift in vacancies and lower rents since introduction of FHOG.

On very old and limited memory capacity laptop here. Tried everthying but can’t download e-Buyer Beware, is it possible to email it to my husband please Steve.

very best regards to all
    4walls

Profile photo of BDMBDM
    Participant
    @bdm

Dear 4walls,

I think that there may be a small but important mathematical oversight in your calculations…

Try this :

$80 pw x 12 months ( ie 52 weeks ) x 145 properties = 80 x 52 x 145 = 603200.

Use the $603200 figure and see what you come up with…..

I find my calculator a little bit of a challenge too early in the week.

I hope this helps :-)

BDM

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

4Walls…

I diversify! I have property in residential AND commercial [;)]

Re: your laptop issue. Send Brent an e-mail ([email protected]) and he will try to help you further. You can also ring the office (do it Wed am) on 03 9897 1477.

You gave me a shock for a minute… how could my bank balance being rising so rapidly when I only get $140,000 in passive income?

Then I realised, as did BDM, that you’d taken rent per week and multiplied it monthly.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of 4walls24walls2
    Participant
    @4walls2

What is an aussieism for stupid(?).

I have had the biggest laugh, albeit at my own expense.

Good news – the expense sheet doesn’t look so bad and that makes me heaps happy.

regards
    4walls

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Questions about FastTrack’ is closed to new replies.