All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Hervey Bay / Maryborough

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of EssykayEssykay
    @essykay

Would be interested in hearing from any investors with experience in the Hervey Bay & Maryborough areas.
    Hervey Bay seems to be providing some good Capital Growth along the coastal strip & Maryborough looks good for +ve/wrap deals.

Any experiences out there?

Profile photo of auskenausken
    Participant
    @ausken

Hi Essykay
    No real experience as yet in the area,but if I were you I would look at Cooloola village.This is around the Tin Can Bay & Rainbow Beach area.If you Know how they have fared then you will know how this area should go.
    As yet it is still cheap to buy in the Cooloola Village,but as land gets more and more scarce around the other two areas they will head there.
    One reason being is that you can now go from Tin Can to Rainbow without going miles out of your way.
    Also if the talk I hear of the forestery road being upgraded from Boreen Pt.,to Rainbow Beach happens,then you will guess what is going to happen.This will boom.
    As you may be aware this area is the northern end of the Sunshine Coast.As stated previously it is cheap there at the moment but may not stay that way for long.
    ausken.

Profile photo of EssykayEssykay
    @essykay

Thanks Ausken,
    Worth a bit of research. Will look into it.
    Essykay

Profile photo of RachelRachel
    @rachel
    Quote:
    Would be interested in hearing from any investors with experience in the Hervey Bay & Maryborough areas.
    Hervey Bay seems to be providing some good Capital Growth along the coastal strip & Maryborough looks good for +ve/wrap deals.

Any experiences out there?

I actually live in Hervey Bay. To find a positive cashflow property here is near on impossible. We are experiencing a very big boom here with realestate agents left with not much left in the window to sell. In reflect of that properties are between $40 000- $60 000 over priced from about 9 mths ago. And this has spilled out into Marybrough. I rent but refuse to buy at those prices.
    Hope this will help you. I myself Have 4 properties but none in Hervey Bay I picked up my first one in Maryborough but now prices have done the same as the Bay
    Hope this will help
    Cheers Rachel
    Dont just sit there and say Yes But JUST DO IT

Profile photo of EssykayEssykay
    @essykay

Thanks Rachel.
    We bought 4 properties in the Urangan area about 18 mths ago but prices are forcing us to look alsewhere now. As we don’t live in Australia I have been having trouble keeping up with the market at Hervey Bay – But you have just confirmed my suspicions. Have not been able to find anything there that is +ve since our last purchase. Was sort of hoping Maryborough hadn’t followed suit yet however you indicate it probably has.
    Thanks for the local feed-back.
    Am now trying to get some info / look-in at the cooloola area as per Ausken’s suggestion.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hervey Bay / Maryborough’ is closed to new replies.