All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Time to be proactive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of 4walls24walls2
    Participant
    @4walls2

I came to a decision this morning that being proactive in terms of property aquisition is better than sitting on my rear-end thinking its all too hard.

I have just purchased all the recommended resources written by Steve McNight and am thinking about doing the seminar in May!!

There is only one thing left that is niggling at me.

Its our geographical location. We are in Singapore. So my question is how do we go about acquiring property without actually living in the local. If I was to buy 30 properties in say 1 year, thats an awful lot of airfares. So lets say at the end of the year I leave hubby in Singapore to work and go back to OZ with the kids and start investing. Will it be too late to invest with the current cycles the way they are? (yes, stupid question if I acquiring for cashflow). I will probably understand more once I read the books.

For all of you out there that have several or more investment properties, are they all in the same capital city and do you reside there please?

We are very serious about starting to invest. Leaving hubby alone in Singapore does however give me several concerns.

Any opinions would be gratefully appreciated.

regards

4walls

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Thanks for your post… and your purchase [:D]

quote:

I came to a decision this morning that being proactive in terms of property aquisition is better than sitting on my rear-end thinking its all too hard.

Excellent! I was at the same point in May 1999. The key now is to turn your resolve into momentum, which is done by continuing to take action.

quote:

There is only one thing left that is niggling at me. Its our geographical location. We are in Singapore.

Everyone has a reason for doing nothing… I’m pleased for you that you are working through this.

quote:

So my question is how do we go about acquiring property without actually living in the local.

Well… you could do it via the internet and using a system… get a builder to inspect it, qualify it using the Buyer Beware templates from OS. It’s possible…

quote:

If I was to buy 30 properties in say 1 year, thats an awful lot of airfares.

Indeed. If this was the option then you’d be better off paying someone to go and hunt / source / buy deals for you. Maybe someone that is time rich and money poor and you could pay them like a spotter’s fee.

quote:

So lets say at the end of the year I leave hubby in Singapore to work and go back to OZ with the kids and start investing.

You could do this… investing has a cost. Sometimes it’s personal, sometimes it’s monetary… sometimes it’s both.

quote:

Will it be too late to invest with the current cycles the way they are? (yes, stupid question if I acquiring for cashflow). I will probably understand more once I read the books.

There will be opportunities in all markets. Yep… investing for cashflow means that it doesn’t matter what happens with cap. growth, only tenant related issues.

quote:

For all of you out there that have several or more investment properties, are they all in the same capital city and do you reside there please?

At the beginning – yes. More recently – no. It’s all about a system.

Hope this has helped.

Have an awesome day,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of 4walls24walls2
    Participant
    @4walls2

Wow!!! A reply from Steve McKnight no less. Thanks a heap…..

We did engage someone professional to find our last property. To cut a long story short – it was not a good experience.

But its a good idea – and I will discuss with hubby about trying this again.

Thanks for your insight.

I’m off to download Buyer Beware!

Talked to hubby earlier about the seminar and he wants ME to go. I’m an idiot when it comes to maths and formulas – will I be able to understand it?

regards and awesome day to you too!

4walls

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

Hey 4 walls

do you reckon that you can add, subtract and drive a calulator (though I guess that you could use an abacus if you are really into it [:D])?

When I attended the event I was impressed by the level of the notes. There are many fully worked examples and even better, places for you to work through stuff yourself while you are there, so as that you maximise your learning experience.

Don’t just take my word for it though, do a search on the forum for “Masters Event”, “Property Investing Masters” or something like that and see what other folks had to say [^].

cheers

the B personage [:)]

“problems come to us bearing gifts; we seek out problems because we need the gifts that they bear” – translated loosely from (I think) Richard Bach, Illusions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Time to be proactive’ is closed to new replies.