All Topics / The Treasure Chest / lessons learnt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Pro investorPro investor
    Participant
    @pro-investor

Hi I would like to know if anyone has learnt any important lessons after buying property and would share with me so I don’t make the same mistakes in the future.

Thanks Rob[8D]

Profile photo of mitchmitch
    @mitch

Gday Robert, lve got a couple,keep your plans away from non investor types,l cant recall a positive conversation lve had with people who dont have a consept of investing for the future/early retirement etc and be thorough with your financial plan to take to your lender,if they wont lend the money theres not much of a plan left MITCH

Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Hi Robert, one suggestion – don’t purchase a property after attending an investment seminar. Do thorough research and don’t believe what you hear. We did but have purchased several IP positive cash flows and so thankfully turned the tide so to speak, at least balanced the loss. I agree with Mitch – we got a lot of negatives, eg. you’re game, I wouldn’t do that, my advisor says shares, etc. when we talked about our IP plan and strategies, so are going ahead quietly now. We justsmile when friends say ‘another one?’
    Anna

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

Hi all

our experience is a lot like Anna’s, most of our friends are supportive but for many it really isn’t in their paradigm (nor does it need to be), even though they can see it working for us.

Mmmm, however, I have finally got to the point where I am not too shy to mention that we do a bit of property investing when we are asked what we “do” [:)]

the B

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘lessons learnt’ is closed to new replies.