All Topics / The Treasure Chest / all moneys clause

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of NathanNathan
    @nathan

I am currently dealing with a few institutions which are happy for me to vendor finance them, but are not willing to remove the operation of the all moneys clause from their mortgage contracts.

My legal advisor has told me that it would be a good idea to insist upon this. Without being a ‘special client’ for the institution (a million or two in borrowings) has anyone had success in this area?

thanks in advance for your responses.

Nathan

Profile photo of zizziz
    Participant
    @ziz

Hi Nathan

Without digging out one of my mortgage documents could please eleborate as to the ‘all moneys clause’. Are these the clauses that prohibite any transactions against the property?

Cheers

Profile photo of NathanNathan
    @nathan

Hi Ziz,

The ‘all moneys clause’ is a common clause most lending institutions use to secure the debt they have with you. For example, if you have a credit card and house loan with the same institution, and you are delinquent on your credit card repayments and up to date on your home loan payments, the institution can call in all moneys owed to them, and thereby access your security (house) for the house loan due to the default on your credit card payment, even though your house repayments are in order. The same applies if you have five house loans with an institution and one goes bad.

I am currently using investors, and want to secure their and my investment when looking at the worst case scenario. Would not like to see a portfolio of property come under danger if one of the financed ventures fails with that institution.

Just looking at all worst case scenarios before pushing forward.

Thanks for your response.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

In respect to your question I would imagine that you should seek legal advice.

From my research I found:

quote:

Further, a guarantee that contains an “all accounts” (or “all moneys”) clause cannot be enforced in respect of further credit unless certain notice and consent provisions are complied with. So too, if a guarantee is secured by an “all accounts” mortgage, that mortgage will be unenforceable with respect to further credit unless certain notice and consent provisions are met.

See Source

Good Luck!

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of NathanNathan
    @nathan

Thanks very much for you post Steve, your prompt has given me the awnser I was looking for.[:)][:)]

Cheers,

Nathan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘all moneys clause’ is closed to new replies.