All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Is it a good time to invest in Cairns (North QLD)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of 111111111111
    Participant
    @111111

Anyone investing or intending to invest in North QLD (Cairns) ?

Is it a good time to invest in North QLD Now?

Some analysts say house prices in Cairns were flat for the last couple of years and just started to move.

They say tourism is starting to boom in Cairs and especially good time to invest in tourism props.

Anybody agree ?

[:)]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi 1….1

I am interested in Cairns area. ( also Darwin, Townsville, Alice Springs)
    I haven’t done much research yet but am interested to share any of the information that I find out so if you would like to keep in touch with me on this feel free to email [email protected]

They say tourism is starting to boom in Cairs and especially good time to invest in tourism props.

Why is it moving now? What has caused the market to move?.
    I heard ( just general chat) that it is heavily based on the Japanese tourist market and any global events such as war etc will greatly effect this market.

The Nth Territory, could really boom as live trade and exports grow further, which is why I am interested in Darwin.

Cheers Isagold

Profile photo of 111111111111
    Participant
    @111111

Hi IsaGold

Why is it moving now? What has caused the market to move?.
    I heard ( just general chat) that it is heavily based on the Japanese tourist market and any global events such as war etc will greatly effect this market.

According to analysts,
    (1) Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Costal Region had been booming for the last couple of years and properties in Cairns are currently undervalued compared to those areas.
    (2) Australian Air Line (Quantas), Virgin Blue started flying between Cairns and Asia Cities now (since last October) and that will bring extra 350,000 visitors to Cairns

I don’t mind sharing any of the information that you find out .
    my email is [email protected]

Profile photo of allymanallyman
    Participant
    @allyman

Hello 111111 (is that enought 1’s?)

I am also interested in the Cairns area, but am slightly put off by the distance factor – I am from Sydney.

There has been recent discussion about purchasing in Cairns on the msn property investment group forum. Have you seen it? Worth a read.

If I am to spend $500 on airfare (x 2 for partner) I want to be pretty sure I can do a deal up there.

Where are you from, and are you planning on visiting the area before you buy?

Ally

Profile photo of 111111111111
    Participant
    @111111

Hi Allyman

I am also from Sydney. Last year, I went to Brisbane and purchased an IP there.

There were a few holiday apartments (in Cairns) advertised in Property Investor Magazine
    For instance, Cameron Birds’ How to retire wealty. Most of the properties he recommends, are -ve geared and +ve cash flow.

If I can find out that Cairns is definitely going to boom, I might travel there.

Profile photo of matduquamatduqua
    @matduqua

Hi,
    I also from Sydney & do like to buy an IP in Cairns.
    Please count me in for any of your discussion & analysis.

Profile photo of matduquamatduqua
    @matduqua

Hi again,
    I forgot to include my address [email protected].

Maybe we can travel together.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is it a good time to invest in Cairns (North QLD)’ is closed to new replies.