Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of golfergolfer
    @golfer

Hi guys

We have done several wraps in Qld and they are working really well except the fact that you have to wait at least a year to get the $7000 FHOG. [:(]Being so close to the border Ihave considered wrapping a property in NSW but when I telephoned the NSW OSR they were unable to tell me whether my purchasers would receive the $7000 FHOG straight away and tell me they would have to read the whole of the purchase contract before making a decision. Has anyone had any experience of this and if so how is an easy way to get round this.

Cheers Guys [:)]

Profile photo of BobPriceBobPrice
    Participant
    @bobprice

It is easy to get the FHOG in NSW and it is usually paid soon after the application is submitted after contract exchange.

It also helps to make sure the full contract is sent with a note to keep the contract intact. The mail openers at OSR have a habit of chucking everything after the front page into the bin. It then goes to the decision maker who says “hey I need the rest of the contract to make a decision.” By then the thing is in the shredder.

The following is what needs to be submitted with the application in NSW. This is applicable to the purchaser.

Hope this helps.

Name:……………………………………………………..

Property Address:…………………………………………

1. I hereby undertake to notify the Chief Commissioner in writing within 14 days if either party terminates or rescinds the Contract.

2. I hereby undertake to repay the grant in full to the Chief Commissioner within 14 days if either party terminates or rescinds the Contract.

Dated this………….day of……………………….2001.

Name:………………………………Name:……………………………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘FHOG – NSW’ is closed to new replies.