All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Market Value and Property Manager

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ArnaldoArnaldo
    Participant
    @arnaldo

Hi everyone!

I got two unrelated questions:
    1. When people say Market Value, e.g. “buy a property below Market value”, does this mean below the median price of the area? or have the property valued and buy it below that?

2. Does anyone use a property manager? I need some advice on selecting one. What makes a good property manager?

Thanks [:)]

Arnaldo

Profile photo of LeighLeigh
    @leigh

MV in your question refers to the individual property. So as to buy below MV, it’s below the valuation of THAT property [:)]

Profile photo of thydethyde
    @thyde

Being a cynic . It generally means “below their pumped up valuer they have got a friendly valuer to produce”

If it was below market value – why would they sell it?

Ty

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

Ty

due to a “plethora” (isn’t that a great word) of reasons:

• transfer interstate
    • death
    • sickness
    • separation
    • financial woes
    • divorce
    • YOUR great negotiation skills
      i.e. TERMS

especially don’t discount the last one. If you are going with the ‘triple win’ philosophy (Vendor, Purchaser & Agent all walk away happy) it is amazing what you can achieve.

cheerio

the Bruce [:)]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I’m in the modd to answer a few questions…

quote:

1. When people say Market Value, e.g. “buy a property below Market value”, does this mean below the median price of the area? or have the property valued and buy it below that?

Market value is generally an expression of an unquantifiable figure of what similar properties are being sold for in the current market. I doubt it has much to do with median house price data as this takes about 3 months to come out.

Market value is most often the ‘gut feeling value’ given as a response to the question “what are properties around here selling for?”

Of course, the market value can only be accurately after the property is sold, at which point it reflects what a buyer will pay and the value a seller will receive.

quote:

2. Does anyone use a property manager? I need some advice on selecting one. What makes a good property manager?

A good property manager is one that sees a problem before it occurs, then solves it in a way that is efficient both in terms of time and cost.

Trust is absolutely essential… and we feel our property manager looks after our assets like she would her own.

We don’t take the cheapest, since often paying peanuts attracts monkeys!

Bye

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Market Value and Property Manager’ is closed to new replies.