All Topics / The Treasure Chest / first home owners grant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Pro investorPro investor
    Participant
    @pro-investor

hi could someone tell me how long you have to live in the house using the first home buyers grant before you can sell it or rent it out i live in queensland any replies would be handy thanks rob

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Rob I would suggest that you call the office of state revenue. They can tell you the most accurate answer….
    Their number is 1300 300 118.
    Hope this Helps

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

“A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.”
    -David Brink

Profile photo of Dave_4Dave_4
    @dave_4

Hi Robert,
    I have done some research myself and my understanding is that you can live in the house for as little as 1 day on the basis you have made it your PRINCIPAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE. This is were it can get tricky because what do you call your principal place of residence. According to FHOG it is where all your bills are addressed to, your furniture, your personal affects and where u have resided. So there is not set time frame to reside at the dwelling, however I would also make sure that you have meet this commitment as there is nothing worse then having the money taken back off you again.
    The reason why FHOG is open to different explanations is that every situation is different eg, you buy a house with a tenant with a lease agreement that still has 9months to run, you cant just kick them out and move in to meet the grant requirements, so they grant stipulates that as long as within 12 months of purchase you make it your principal residence.
    Hope this helps

Profile photo of Pro investorPro investor
    Participant
    @pro-investor

thanks your replies have helped me i’ll be lookin to buy a house in the next 2 months and will want to use the fhog just have to find a property where the numbers work.

Thanks Rob[:)]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘first home owners grant’ is closed to new replies.