Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Last one of the night otherwise my wife will kill me.

Just wanted to encourage those new people on the forum (and old ones) and share some of my excitment. I did my first reno project end of last year and after many hold-ups, mistakes and far too long (Settled July). I put it back on the market on the 1st January. On the 27th January I got an offer which I negotiated then agreed upon. WOW. Another one of these real estate approaches works. We will make around 35-40K after costs but before tax out of the deal so we are extremely happy. Number two is to begin in two weeks and it is looking good as well.
    So be encouraged and keep looking and learning because when the rewards come they are worth your struggles.

Enjoy

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

“Don’t dwell on reality; it will only keep you from greatness.”
    -Rev. Randall R. McBride, Jr.

Edited by – [email protected] on 05/02/2003 11:25:38 PM

Profile photo of kaza4kkaza4k
    @kaza4k

Hi AD,
    congratulation’s thats great news.
    i notice that you help a lot of people on here so an extra congrats.
    karen

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Thanks Kaza,
    As to the help…..I’m just a bozzo who someone else helped so I always try and help others.
    Enjoy
    AD

Enjoy

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

hey there,

i would also like to thank AD for helping me answer some of my questions and being so welcoming!

I feel the more i help other people the more i am helped in return.

I am just waiting for the time i can help other people as AD has done for many of us!!

thanx AD and everyone that takes their time to help one another!!

“Giving is like a mirror the more u give the more it reflects back on you”

8>)

Profile photo of kaza4kkaza4k
    @kaza4k

HERE HERE
    i totally agree even though i’m really only 2 days old (in this forum) i’ve already learnt alot of things that i would’t have been able to find out before i joined. so thankyou

kaza

Profile photo of ArnaldoArnaldo
    Participant
    @arnaldo

AD,

Hi, and congratulations!
    I have a couple of questions:
    1. Did you attend any seminar or courses on renovations (for property investment)?
    2. Did you do the work or did you employ people?

Thanks,
    Arnaldo

“Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice.
    It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved.”
    – William Jennings Bryan

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Arnaldo,
    I did the landscaping but had contractors do the work. As far as Reno’s go I have had our house renovated and I have seen a few things but the biggest motivation was listeneing to Geoff Doidge and Paul Eslick at the Sydney event (property masters that Steve organises) who motivated me to keep pressing on and take action. They are a funny pair.
    I liked the weekend seminar because it gave bite size snippets of all types of RE investment. Enough to challenge you to determine your path.
    Enjoy

Enjoy

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

It went unconditional today….woo hooo !!!

Must take my ever patient wife out to dinner with some of the profits.

Enjoy

Enjoy

“A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.”
    -David Brink

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

AD

remember…. “Smell the Roses!!” [;)]

Congratulations and good on ya maaaaaaaaaaaaate!

The B

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hello AD

As a newbie I would never have know that you are only one property in, your advice and emthusiasm is contagious.

Anyway my real point for this reply is to thank you for confirming the respectability of Geoff & Paul, recently saw them on ACA and wanted to pursue the seminar, but of course was a little skeptical, so thanks again.

Cheers
    Leigh K

Profile photo of ozchickozchick
    @ozchick

AD, Hearty congrats, what fantastic news. Enjoy the proceeds and keep us informed on your new project too. When reading the forum, I always particularly enjoy your posts/replies. Every success in your new project. Just a question, what suburb was your last reno/sale in?
    Cheers,

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

To EnjoLady….this was my first reno but it was my 7th property. (number Eight settled today).
    As to Ozchick I once asked similar questions of a friend whom I consider helped me enormously to get to where I am. He would not tell me the places only in Brisbane locale so that I would go out and look. I’ll say that I live in Brisbane and leave it at that. For those of you who think I am being secretive I am not aiming to be just that when that friend told me to keep on hunting for myself and showing me properties others had found around town that drove me higher and harder to find deals for myself. Hope you do not think badly of me I just feel that to put it on a platter is to easy and it doesn’t allow you to stretch your capabilities.

By the Way thanks Steve for the encouragement and challenge in the early days.

Enjoy

“A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.”
    -David Brink

Edited by – [email protected] on 11/02/2003 5:02:58 PM

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Good news’ is closed to new replies.