Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of Sushi71Sushi71
    @sushi71

Hi Guys,
    I have wanted to get into property investing for a while now and never knew where to start.i Have decided that the time is now for me but just feel overwhelmed by the wealth of information out there. I would like to know where to start and what steps to follow etc. Thanks for your time and patience.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hey there,

Anyway u go u must comply with a plan! Have u sat down and established a plan yet, that includes goals/objectives in the short-term and the long-term? Investing is like a strategy. Its how to obtain/acheive your goals.

From there u can research and find suitable investing strategies that make your goals come true.

cheers

quote:

Everyone wants to go heaven but nobody wants to die

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Sushi ,
    Well done for asking the question…..your journey has just begun.
    As Harryson says you must get a plan. There is a lot of info here and I would suggest sitting down one night ( or a few) and reading back as far as you can on the forum. That will give you a lot of info and a lot more questions which you can then ask here again. There are also a lot of good books to read depending where you are on the journey. Books by such Authors as Robert allen, Napoleon hill, John Burley also check out Steve’s post at

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=316

Gotta sit down soon and write out all the books I have read lately some good ones too.

Hope this helps and don;t stop learning.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

“Don’t dwell on reality; it will only keep you from greatness.”
    -Rev. Randall R. McBride, Jr.

Profile photo of Sushi71Sushi71
    @sushi71

Thanks Harryson and Ad for your posts. i have started writing down my goals and plans and already ordered a couple of books.

Just another Q tho.
    If i am not actively investing at the moment, Can i claim the books and more inportantly the seminar coming up on tax????

Sorry to sound like a dunce guys.8D

Keymaster
    @piadmin

hey sushi,

Its fine to ask questions, that way we both learn!! i know u can in some situations but i would ask your accountant or solicitor b4 buying all your material on the assumption u can.

I would be keen to c how u go!!

Cheers

Alex

“Everyone wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to go to die”

@sushi71

Harryson,
    Just rang my accountant and he says that unless i am deriving an income from from it i cant claim it.

Alex 8D

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Do you have any investmnent properties Sushi ??
    If so would this not derive you an income….even if it is a loss ??
    Enjoy
    AD

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

“Don’t dwell on reality; it will only keep you from greatness.”
    -Rev. Randall R. McBride, Jr.

@sushi71

hey AD,

Thats the problem, I dont have a property yet but the time is fast approaching.

Alex

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

Hi Sushi

good on you for starting !!

It is a fun and sometimes bumpy ride, but actually taking control of the financial part of your life is a huge experience. (hugely good that is)

I agree with Harryson & AD,
    1) research research research,
    2) build the team (business partner, solicitor, accountant)
    3) research the market
    4) do a deal (i.e. buy something that wont send you broke if it “goes pear shaped”)
    5) learn from the experience and do it again
    6) embrace your mistakes; they are the best teachers (apart from your children) that you will ever meet

As everyone else said, there is some great reading material here, so this is a good place to start. Make sure you look at the links section of the site maintained by the ever groovy sooshie.

cheers

the Bruce

ps WELCOME !! [:)]

@sushi71

Ta Bruce,

Well what can i say. Since my first post the feeling of being overwhelmed has disappeared rapidly. This site has presented me with the knowledge to get under way.

I would have to say that one of the best factors of this site is the encouragement and motivation give by all, and for that i applaud u all.

i hope that in the future i can do the same for others as you have done for me.

Thank you

PS Steve congats on a choice site

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hey there again Alex,

All i can say is; “If you get in debt make sure it is small if it big then make sure u get someone else to pay for it”
    Robert Kiyosaki

There are people out there that have millions in liabilities but they don’t pay for it!!

If u only take in half the information on this website u will do alright!!

Cheers

“Everyone wants to go to heaven but only a few are willing to die”

8>)

Profile photo of diamonddiamond
    @diamond

Sushi71
    check out http://www.creativerealestate.com.au. Look at purchasing the wrap pack it’s like the abc and more of wrapping also includes 12 months free phone consulting so if you like to have your hand held with guaranteed results – go for it!
    also look at http://www.financewraps.asn.au, It’s the finance wraps assosiation of australia.
    Happy Money Making
    diamond [:D]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

There have been some excellent quality posts in reply to your request.

My thoughts are that you need to determine what your outcome is that you are trying to achieve from investing (ie. capital gains or cashflow).

Deciding this will enable you to focus on particualr types of property investments.

Then it’s a matter of finding them, which will require some effort.

If you haven’t already done so then I recommend the Fast Track tape that I recently completed with David (my business partner). In it we outline what we did when making a start, so you should find the information relevant.

Re: books, do you earn interest? If so then maybe you could argue you already invest and as such books etc. are just extrapolations of maximising your investing dollar. Don’t rely on this though… see your accountant.

Bye

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Folks

This is my very first post on this site and it is because of the sensational information that has been shared as well as the genuine sincerity of those offering the information that has prompted me to let you know I think this is a wonderful site and the people sharing are obviously wonderful also. Glad I found you!

Kind regards
    Leigh K

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Overwhelmed’ is closed to new replies.