All Topics / The Treasure Chest / New Comer need strategic advise

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of RetireBy40RetireBy40
    @retireby40

As a personal investor, being new the OZ investment market, also given such a high taxation rate on profit made, I need suggestion on strategies and tactics that would get me a low risk positive return investment plan. Finanical planner are simply too eager to sell there products and can’t be counted.

Investment property model being promoted here seem a good idea for me. Let say, I put forward around 100K and around 2K disposable income/month, what would be my options( Would setting up a company give me further advantage)?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated!

Hui

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

Hi Hui

You have a stack of options from where you now stand, you just need to be able to focus in a little more on the area of your interest.

It would be a great idea to go to the next Australian Property Masters event later this year. Many of the concepts surrounding your questions are discussed in depth.

Having said that, thinking of in costs as about 5% you will have around $95k to invest in deposits. At 20% of total purchase per deposit that means you can purchase up to about $455k of property and have extra dollars rolling along to purchase more.

Next, find some property and pick a strategy:
    Buy & hold, renovate, flip, wrap….

cheerio

the Bruce

Profile photo of RetireBy40RetireBy40
    @retireby40

Thanks a lot Bruce!

After 6 days, I finally have you to give me a suggestion. Indeed, I’ve been doing research for the past 2 months and now I shall be in position to strike some serious deals. However, my main issues would be of operative nature where I am intenting to buy at least one property a month(all positive gear <100K each) and they are going to locate far within regional area. I see having some good agents to look after the property for me as a critical success factor but I lack the ways to ensure the quality of their service. I am also in process of setting a specific financial structure to facilitate the venture.

In light of this, would you have any specific advice you can offer me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hiu

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

hi Hiu

Mmmmm, well after six days I am glad that I found the time to read, digest, and find some constructive things to say !

Don’t be too fussed if you don’t get an answer on this forum straight away. There are a lot of really “happenin'” investors who check here regularly, but many of them are too busy actually doing deals to answer all of the time; unless your questions are specific (i.e. can answer while doing 5 other thing& drink your cuppa ! <grin>)

Anyway, after reading one of your other posts mentioning elements of discounted cashflow analysis, I reckon that you probably have the numbers pretty well sorted….. [:D]

Given that, is the issue really one of management ?

If so, Steve’s Wrap Secrets reveled deal swith a lot of the issues and is really good all round resource. I have also heard the Rick Otton’s Wrap pack is good. There was a post reviewing both some time back, so go do a search.

Australian Property Investing Masters is a “must do”.

Building a relationship with an agent whom you trust and can safely empower to spend your money up to level “x” on maintenance, etc is great. We have a couple of remote places we manage ourselves, but nothing more than 3 hours drive away. Mmm I reckon that AD and a few other folks will read this and laugh about that tiny amount of time [;)]

Structuring is covered at the Oz PI masters event, but Steve McK & Paul Harper releasing a product called Wealth Guardian in the next month or so that should be invaluable in getting the comcepts into your head. The notes that were provided at the event were EXCELLENT and helped de-mystify a great many misconceptions; and the new product is an enhaced version of them.

I guess that it is worth reading other folks thoughts on the event to see what came out of it. So go search the data base again.

Anyway, howzat ?? Hope that I have helped out a bit…..

cheerio

the Bruce [:)]

(And now for your viewing pleasure, I will get into the swing of having a catchy last line….)

“Luck is the meeting point of preparation and opportunity” – loosely taken from Erasmus, a Roman scholar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New Comer need strategic advise’ is closed to new replies.