Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of tryingtrying
    @trying

hi could any one tell me about investing in land ,,,no body seems to talk about it

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

It seems to me that the main focus of this site is property investment for “Positive Cashflow” and I guess that’s what most people here intersted in. As far as land investment, there is a time and a place for it. If you know the land value will increase over a given time and you have factored in all your holding costs, then perhaps you should go for it. Remember, your getting no return on your investment until you sell. You have interest costs and land taxes to content with. Then if you take the next step and develop your land, all of the associated development costs. All this can add up and take a great deal of time. All the while your costs are mounting up. The rule of thumb has always been land appreciates, buildings depreciate, but at least the building is bringing in rent to compensate for all your outgoings. I like to look at large blocks with a house. Located close to shops, schools and other relevant infrastructrure. I hold and develop on a yearly basis to fund my “lifestyle”. I have worked out a plan to develop the holding properties as required from now until I’m 75. Each development will fund my lifestyle and future developments.Most are unit developments. I still ahve a few “gaps” in there to fill, but I’m working on it.
    Good luck to you!

Canuck

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Please make future posts re this thread in the general forum.

Thanks

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘land’ is closed to new replies.