All Topics / The Treasure Chest / RE Agents have hearts too…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Hi everyone
    Property investors as a group often have a lot of bad things about RE agents – often with good reason – but I had a really positive experience and I wanted to share that too.
    I’ve been having a break from buying houses while I get some refinancing sorted out. One of my regular agents knew that, but he had a situation where a house was for sale quite cheaply, and the tenants desperately wanted to buy it. They’d tried for finance and been knocked back, as part of the income involved pensions and there wasn’t much of a deposit.
    So he rang me and asked if there was any way I could maybe do something to help them, because they’re such lovely people etc etc.
    Anyway, I gave my mortgage broker the jitters by suggesting it, but she agreed that if we could get a 4 week finance clause, we should be able to get everything through in time.
    I went back to the agent, told him the situation, and he said “no worries, I’ll be able to talk the vendor into it, if it means helping these people” – and he did.
    So I’ve put my offer in, fingers crossed the vendor sticks to their verbal acceptance, and I’ve already had the tenant crying on my shoulder in relief and excitement that it may well happen after all.
    I think a big bottle of something will definitely be heading the agent’s way when all this settles – he deserves it!
    Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘RE Agents have hearts too…’ is closed to new replies.