All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Home Loan Analyser Deluxe

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Okay, I’ve just bought this, and I’m getting REALLY frustrated with it!!
    I’m hoping someone out there can help me!!
    When I do a “calculate loan”, it always comes up with deposit tax/fid amounts. I can’t find these anywhere to delete them, obviously fid isn’t applicable nowadays. Any ideas?
    Also, it’s great if everything is the same every time a payment is made, but how can I input little hiccups? I’m not talking about extra payments, but as an example, before Christmas a couple of my wrap buyers (who make weekly payments) were paid 3 weeks pay in one week – and 3 payments were credited to me. Really, they should get the benefit of making those payments early, but I can’t work out how to change this in HLA. It’s not really a lump sum payment, because then I would need to delete regular payments (can’t work out how to do that either!!).
    HELP!!!!!

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of darrenbdarrenb
    @darrenb

Yes Felicity their is no way around that one. Do it all on excel spreadsheet. Rick Otten has a programme for sale, while not perfect, will solve your problems. Every other wrap software I’ve seen lacks the flexibility you/I need.

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Hi Darren
    Thanks for your feedback, I actually have Rick’s spreadsheet too, but I was wanting something that would only print out the transactions made on the loan, rather than having a line for every single day, which is a bit cumbersome.
    I know that Steve and others recommend HLA Deluxe, that’s why I bought it. I’ll be really ticked off if it’s $55 down the drain.
    Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Have either of you tried the program Steve now uses ?? WAMM – http://www.darlop.com

I have looked at this product but wasn’t sure.
    Thanks
    AD [:0)]

A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort.
    -Sydney Smith

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Whoa!

Hang on a minute… I wouldn’t go so far as to recommend home loan analyser. It is just the software that we used when we started.

We have always pointed out that the purpose of the software is NOT wrap specific, but to calculate the interest component that should be charged.

What we used was HLA to calculate the interest between two dates, and then imported that data into Excel.

This was clunky and a little time consuming, but it nevertheless gave the right outcome. But for <$70, it was an excellent way to begin.

AD has correctly identified that we now use WAMM. This is not without its limitations, and is priced much higher… but when you get over about 5 wraps the additional cost is worth the time saving IMHO.

Please do not misquote me.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Sorry, Steve, perhaps recommend was too strong a word to use. I should have said that you have mentioned many times that you used the product for quite a long time, and certainly other people have also told me the same thing. Perhaps that’s not specifically a recommendation, but it certainly gives the impression that the product is worth using.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Edited by – [email protected] on 08/01/2003 8:57:47 PM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Home Loan Analyser Deluxe’ is closed to new replies.