All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Deposit Bonds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I’m thinking of puchasing my first investment property by purchasing a Deposit Bond??????
    Having the deposit on a new home with a long settlement, allowing me to sell the property just before settlement and hopefully earning me a profit. The property is under construction.
    Where could i get more info on Deposit Bonds???
    Is this a good way to make money in property Investing

Edited by – [email protected] on 03/01/2003 3:05:58 PM

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent

quote:

I’m thinking of puchasing my first investment property by purchasing a Deposit Bond??????
    Having the deposit on a new home with a long settlement, allowing me to sell the property just before settlement and hopefully earning me a profit. The property is under construction.
    Where could i get more info on Deposit Bonds???
    Is this a good way to make money in property Investing

Edited by – [email protected] on 03/01/2003 3:05:58 PM

Hi charalambous

You can find some information about deposit bonds at http://www.mrmortgage.com.au/depbond.htm.

As for whether this is a good way to make money in property investing – you use the words “hopefully earning me a profit”. In my mind, the best investments are the ones which;

• 1. Are least likely to lose the money you invest
    • 2. Are most likely to return a profit
    • 3. Give you the highest return on investment.

But in the end, you need to make up your mind on what a good investment is for you. Perhaps a good investment for you is one which saves you the most tax.

Brent

Profile photo of SaskatoonSaskatoon
    Participant
    @saskatoon

Hi charalambous.
    Do a lot of research before committing! See page 3 of “The Australian” today (3/1/03). If there is enought concern for Govt. agencies to be considering action there must be pitfalls for the unwary. (This does not mean that deposit bonds won’t work).
    Terry

Terry
    Finance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Deposit Bonds’ is closed to new replies.