All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Commercial & Industrial

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of cmakcmak
    Participant
    @cmak

Hi,
    Was wondering what you thought of commercial and industrial property as investments? Do many of you have them in your portfolio?

What kind of demographic factors would you look at when purchasing these?

Thanks.

Profile photo of MichaelLongMichaelLong
    Participant
    @michaellong

Hi cmak,
    I guess welcome to the forum is a good place to start, i’m sure you will find it very informative!!!
    Alas, in answer to your question i personally have no Commercial & Industrial(C&I) property in my portfolio. Nor do i aim to in the near future as wraps are to be my primary focus in 2003 and beyond!. However i’m sure someone will be happy to share their experience with you!!
    Why dont i have any C&I in my portfolio….. because i have not chosen to educate myself in that area of property investing at this point in time. I have looked into it, and it certainly interests me, but for the moment i have chosen to study and implement wraps.
    One of the nicest things about wrapping is that it allows me to help people buy a home when they may not of been able to otherwise!!
    I like that, a win-win for us all!!

Regards,
    Michael…

“The big challenge is to become all that you have the possibility of becoming. You cannot believe what it does to the human spirit to maximize your human potential and stretch yourself to the limit.” – Jim Rohn

Profile photo of SideswipeSideswipe
    @sideswipe

I work in commercial real estate, and there seem to be a number of factors driving the market in commercial property:
    1. Performance of stock market is driving investors out and into the commercial property sector. The most activity is for buildings between 500k and 1.5 mill.
    2. Commercial property has higher returns than residential property. With low bank rates, positive cash flow is achievable.
    3. Commercial follows residential. The net migration to Queensland is positive, whilst Victoria is losing population, for example. I believe this is the start of a long term trend.
    4. There are also business operators who wish to purchase commercial property due to low interest rates, rather than lease, depending on the size of the business of course.

The amount of enquiry regarding both leasing and buying of commercial property has increased of late; properly chosen commercial property can be right for an investor who want to lower his/her risk by choosing a building with multiple tenancies in a good location, etc. Refer to previous posts from several people on selecting commercial property.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Commercial & Industrial’ is closed to new replies.