All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Found Empty Property, Now What?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of EntrepreneurEntrepreneur
    @entrepreneur

Hi All,
    I have found an empty property, but it has been empty for a while and the neighbors say that they aren’t sure who the owners are, how can I find out, would I go through the local council, is there a local governing body that I can approach, a landowners registry or ?

Some people grin and bear it. Others smile and change it.
    Behold The Turtle; he makes progress only when he sticks his neckout.

Profile photo of rossolotrossolot
    @rossolot

Hi
    If you are in Vicoria you can go to Land Victoria in Bourke St in the city and do a title search for under $10 this will give you a name and address at time of settlement. It could be wrong but it would be a start. New Privacy laws have stopped the other avenues. Sometimes a local agent may have a listing on their database but not if it’s been owned for a long time.

Best of Luck
    And don’t stop asking questions

Rossco

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Tough to do. Unless the local council will give it you, it could be very hard to find. With the new privacy act in place most council’s are reluctant to give any information out. There is a database called LocalWise that Real Estate Agents use to source prospective owners/clients. Maybe you could try a local agent for some assistance.
    Good luck!

Canuck

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Entreprenuer,
    Drop me an Email. I might be able to help.
    Enjoy
    AD

A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort.
    -Sydney Smith

Profile photo of RhondaRhonda
    @rhonda

Hi, I am in the same position as Entrepeneur. I have found an empty property and would like to approach the owners to see if they’d sell. The property is being vandalised as it’s been vacant for a little while now. The neighbours don’t know who owns it & I have no idea how to find out who they are. I have approached the Council and they can’t help me due to privacy laws. The property is in outer metropolitan Sydney. I am not sure whether to approach a local real estate or not. I’d prefer to be able to locate the owner myself if at all possible & then buy direct. Any new information on where I could go to get the owner information would be appreciated. Thanks, Rhonda.

Profile photo of jassepjassep
    @jassep

Rhonda,

You should be able to conduct a title search through a Solicitor, or even perhaps get that info through the land titles office (for a fee).

If you’re in Tassie, I know how you can get the info for free over the ‘net.

Kindest Regards
    Jason S
    ++++++++++++++++
    Check out my E-Bay Auctions:
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=jayess70&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

Profile photo of BorisSBorisS
    Participant
    @boriss

Hi Entrepreneur,

“Out of the jewel box comes …”

I’ve found this website sometime ago. You can do
    a title search there for a small fee and even
    morgage details of the owner.

http://www.landata.vic.gov.au/landata/landchannel/body.asp

Good luck [;)]

Boris

A good accountant is the one that on question how much is 2×2 answers how much do you want it to be?

Profile photo of RobertmooreRobertmoore
    @robertmoore

I am in the same boat as many of you, however I have found the owner and written plus rang and not recieved a reply.
    The unit is in Perth, the owner is in Sydney. The unit is used as a squat by the druggies and is in a derelict condition. It is in a block of 100 units. Strata Management can enter and also make good at the owners expense under the Strata Act WA. I have asked the owner to consider a cash offer and I fix it up. I supplied the sections of the Act and advised of the approx cost to make good.
    Basically I was trying to make it look as being a “too hard” situation for the interstate owner and I would take it off his hands. The unit is on the ground floor and everyone walks past it to enter the complex. Not good for my investment
    Any suggestions on how to get some movement from the owner?
    Bob

Profile photo of zizziz
    Participant
    @ziz

Hi Robert

Some suggestions and questions

How is that you are not getting a response from your phone calls? Answering macine or what.

Set your phone to not showing your number so that there is a better chance of getting picked up.

Get involved with the strata so that you get on the committee then get the strata involved with the parts of the act that allow the strata to force the issue re maintenance. This will take some time but could be worthwhile.

Correspond again including photos of the damage etc, a valuation of a normal unit in the complex and legitamate quotes for repairing the damage to this unit then if this comes to the amount you are prepared to pay you may get a better reponse.

Not knowing the financial status of the owner it tend to be very hard to find what appeals tomake it a win/win negotiation.

Failing getting any response you have set yourself up to force the strata to act and address your concerns regarding your investment.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Found Empty Property, Now What?’ is closed to new replies.