All Topics / The Treasure Chest / I just don’t understand Banks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Bruce_4Bruce_4
    Participant
    @bruce_4

Hi all

As you might recall that I am in the process of selling my house (almost finish cleaning up!) and I approached the bank to explain want I was doing.

Just to get the picture, I have two investment properties of which one and my house is used as a security for this bank’s loan.

I explained to the bank that I do not wish to payoff the investment loan but have the proceeds of my house used as a secured deposit against the existing loan (offset account type facility). When the new house is found, the bank can release the funds and redo its security. I propose this way to avoid being forced to buy another property which could be more than the proceeds and may not be suitable for our requirements. Also the tax deductions of the loan is retained.

The bank refused to accept the cash as security only property. I ask you what is more secure, cash or property?

I may have to change banks and reorganise all my investment loans to get what I want.

Frustrated!

Bruce

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Bruce,

Sounds like you need a bank that thinks ‘outside the square’. Don’t get frustrated get even.
    Obviously their not interested in your welfare but theirs…

Look around there are some links posted in the ‘Useful Links’ section that has bank comparisons, loans and professional packages and the like.

Good Luck

Sooshie [:)]

There are no problems, only solutions!

Profile photo of Bruce_4Bruce_4
    Participant
    @bruce_4

Hi again all

Well today I received a letter from the bank saying I can use the cash as security until a new home is found!

This letter came from the local branch, not the Eastern States head office which whom I have been talking to.

The only catch I see in the letter is that it is not using the funds as in an offset account but in a Portfolio Cash Management Account! I will keep trying.

Bruce

Participant
    @bruce_4

Hi all

Wrote to bank regarding the use of an offset account. Thaey rang me and send can’t do!

I explained that they will have all my funds and give 2-3% on it while I am paying 6% on the loan, this can’t be right I asked. No, they said, there is no other way!

I’ll beat them yet, just wait!

Bruce

Profile photo of JerryMaguireJerryMaguire
    @jerrymaguire

Hi Bruce,

have you try talking to a broker
    cos they are more flexible than the banks

you don’t need to change them Bruce you just need to change BANKS

If i were to say to you
    Bruce there is a Bank/Broker out there that can help you finance your current property into the way you wanted
    will you switch tomorrow?

Regards
    Jerry

Participant
    @bruce_4

Jerry

Definitely, it would take a lot of my shoulders. It can be stressful when things don’t go to plan.

Bruce

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I just don’t understand Banks!’ is closed to new replies.