Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I have a bad tenant who will not pay or sign a contract. we have been to court three times already with no success. I have had to carry the mortgage with no cash flow for nearly two months. Is there a better way than with the rules of the residential and tenacy act which is slow at best and rather inclined toward protecting the tenant. Thanks Linda. Excasperated.

Profile photo of HicksterHickster
    @hickster

Linda, having been a property manager for 5 years I can probably help you out a bit. Firstly, on what grounds were you not successful at court??? Secondly, you say they won’t sign a contract, did they sign one in the beginning and if not, why not? [email protected] if you want further help instead of airing the details publicly.

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Linda,
    Another thought is to offer them an inducement to leave. I know this may seem crazy as they already have cost you money but would you rather this drag on longer or you offer them $500 to leave by a certain date. I know Steve and Dave have had similar experiences and they have used such a tool. Maybe they can elaborate.
    The guts of it is you want the property back to retenant sooner ratehr than later so maybe you where another cost.
    Another thought where is the property manager in all this ?? Are they helping if not they should be.

Hope this helps.
    AD

A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort.
    -Sydney Smith

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi all,

This maybe a stupid and uneducated question, but why can’t you just prepare a section 31 and sell the house if they haven’t signed a contract?

Or as AD suggested give them an incentive to move. Get them into a plush hotel for a few days and then change the locks.

Sorry your having so much trouble Linda [:(!]

Try and keep +VE

Sooshie

There are no problems, only solutions!

Profile photo of jassepjassep
    @jassep

Hi Persistent,

At the Sydney seminar recently, Steve and David talked about how they handled a ‘similar’ situation with their large Traralgon deal…

Apparently, the place was riddled with squatters who were not paying rent, and they got rid of some of the difficult ones by talking with them one-on-one, finding out what the problem was and then physically taking them down to the RE agents to find them a rental property and pay their bond and first 2 weeks rent on a new plance for them.

Hope that helps…

J

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Persistant,

Just wanted to know how you’re going and whether you’ve been able to find a solution.

Good Luck and hope to hear from you

Sooshie [:)]

There are no problems, only solutions!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘bad tenants’ is closed to new replies.