All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Software for Wrap Mgt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Just a quick one to ask you guys what software you use to manage your Wraps. Love to hear form you all.
    Thanks
    AD [?]

A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort.
    -Sydney Smith

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

We started off by using a combination of Home Loan Analyser (to calculate the correct interest) and Excel (as the software which we inputted all the details to send out statements).

This worked well although we later found out that the Home Loan Analyser people wanted us to buy a commercial license, so we told them to go away (!) and we started to use WAMM (from http://www.darlop.com – not much info there as the guys who developed the software aren’t too good on the marketing but do write good software!)

It’s expensive, but if you have multiple wraps then it’s the way to go.

You can still go down the HLA road for your first few deals – and it’s probably best given that the software is only about $80 from Officeworks.

But once you get a handle on how it all works and you have a few deals underyour belt then it might be wise to upgrade to WAMM.

Other software that I’ve seen around is from the John Burley camp. It’s called Track It! I have not seen it, but have heard that originally it was riddled with bugs which later editions seem to have ironed out. Not sure about cost etc.

What are you using AD?

Bye

Steve McKnight

Edited by – [email protected] on 25/10/2002 2:12:03 PM

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Had a look at this site, and I have to say they’re extremely short on detail. I would like to have some idea of what I’m going to be paying for the software if I try it and like it….

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Felicity,
    Last I had heard it was $499. They give a free trial period of 21 days but if like me you trialled it when you didn’t know much you cannot trial again on the same PC.
    Oh well.
    Steve,
    Not using anything at the moment. That’s why I wanted to see what others were using.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort.
    -Sydney Smith

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Software for Wrap Mgt.’ is closed to new replies.