All Topics / The Treasure Chest / No section 32 ??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of elementsofdesignelementsofdesign
    @elementsofdesign

What if the agent doesn’t have the section 32 and you want to put an offer in?

Edited by – [email protected] on 15/10/2002 9:50:00 PM

Profile photo of darrenbdarrenb
    @darrenb

You dont have a legal binding contract until both parties have signed. Verbals mean nothing.

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

In Victoria, the law basically says that you can’t put an offer in without sighting the S32, and the agent is not allowed to accept it anyway. You also have to sign a declaration as part of a written offer to say that you’ve sighted it. whether or not this is strictly followed is another question, but personally I never put even a verbal offer in without seeing the S32, you just never know.
    Not sure about other states though!

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of montomonto
    @monto

If sighting the S32 is important to make the contract binding, it must be an awfully important document. Do you guys always get it checked by the solicitor, or do you check it yourself? If latter, what do you look for in it to ensure the deal is not problematic?
    Thanks

Matt

Profile photo of zizziz
    Participant
    @ziz

Hi All

What is a section 32? This may go under another term in NSW which is the only state where I have purchased property.

Cheers

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi all,

I was told by a very reputable lawyer, “Don’t sign anything until I’ve read it first”. As with anything ‘Caveat Emptor’. He also said that if a contract is not complete, don’t sign it until all components are in place. Hope this helps [:)]!

Cheers

Soosh

It’s all our imperfections that make us perfect!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘No section 32 ??’ is closed to new replies.