All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Ads for wrapping

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of giannigianni
    @gianni

hi everyone

can anyone advise what people say in ads for wrapping, im only new to this , and was wandering if anyone can give me a clue. Any help would be grateful
    thx

gianni

Profile photo of GavinGavin
    @gavin

Hi Gianni,

We used the ad on Steve’s ‘Classified Ad Secrets’ and we got wonderful results from it. Would definately recommend it!!

Carolynne.

Profile photo of giannigianni
    @gianni

hi carolynne

thx for the reply, do you wrap or lease properties, wud be interested in yur opinion.

gianni

Profile photo of TaraTara
    @tara

I saw one in a newspaper that went something
    like this:
    “WHY PAY DEAD MONEY”
    Private sale of …. bed home, close to …. Vendor will
    finance for $….. deposit and only $….repayments per week.
    No bank qualifying. Call …..on Ph…..

Hope that helps
    Tara

Profile photo of GavinGavin
    @gavin

We are actually just starting out wrapping. We only ran our ad a few weeks ago and are presently in the middle of doing our first couple of wraps. We are very green and we learn heaps from this forum every day.

Carolynne.

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

Hi All

Denise and I bought Steve’s “Classified Ad Secrets’. After reading and digesting it we were planning to write an ad but just ran out of time. Denise’s solution was to use the ad in Steve’s product word for word. [:)]

We ran in 2 regional papers and got well over 60 calls over the weekend.

The product has some really great tips about classified ad writing and I feel that it is worth its’ price many, many times over.

Of course if you are already a super ad writer you can do it yourself.

Bruce

Profile photo of Property TraderProperty Trader
    Participant
    @property-trader

Hi Bruce,

Just out of interest ….. The 60 people who responded to you newspaper advertisements …. how many of them had healthy deposit say $4,000 plus?(not counting the $7,000 FHOG)

Look forward to yhearing your response.

Regards,

Jason Moore

Property Trader | Boston West Pty Ltd
    http://bostonwest.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

Participant
    @property-trader

Hi Gianni,

I use this copy in my Ads

“SICK OF RENTING?”
    Homeownership Made Easy

* No Bank Qualifying
    * Low Weekly Repayments
    * Seller Will Finance
    * Low Deposits
    * Bad Credit OK
    * Fast Approvals

Easy Qualifying … Won’t Last … Act TODAY!

Call xxxxx on (xx) xxxx xxxx

I hope this helps give you some ideas.

Regards,

Jason Moore

Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

@theb

Hi Jason

re: how many had $4k deposit. Probably none…. But many had 1 to 2k.

In an interesting twist of events we found one lady that had $25,000 deposit and no one would give her a loan to buy a $50k house(how is that for daft) !! A traditional lender finally relented and helped her out…. [8D]

What was your experience ?

Bruce

Profile photo of darrenbdarrenb
    @darrenb

I think what Jason is trying to say that it is all well getting 60 phone calls, but most of them (59) will be either tyrekickers or deadbeats! I think Joe Arlt in the USA (240 wraps plus) has stated that for every 100 calls, he closes 1 house deal. If you are giving the house away with a FHBG only, your strike rate will be higher than this. But if you want the wrappee to put down some decent hurt money, be prepared to take alot of calls.

Edited by – [email protected] on 25/10/2002 11:20:05 PM

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Hi Darren
    I have to say I agree with you, I’m finding very few people with more than a thousand or two of their own at the moment. Sometimes they do manage to borrow money from family and friends, but my first wrap buyers went in with no deposit of their own (although we wrote it into the contract that their tax refund of around $1000 is to be spent on installing air conditioning!).

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

@theb

Darren

so I guess that the problem that you are trying to solve is: “how to help people with about 1k to 2k deposit own their own home”

Bruce

Participant
    @property-trader

Hi Guys,

I am always interested in hearing from people who run ads and get such a high response rate as I am always reviewing and testing new ad copy.

The issue that I have is that it is not very time effective talking to 60 “want to buy a home” if only 2-3 have the deposit to quality. Talking to 60 buyers will take say 3 mins each x 60 people. That is 3 hours of call normally between the hours of 6pm – 8pm at night not including call backs etc.

My goal is to generate as many leads as possible and I would love if off one ad I got 100 enquiries, however I pay someone else who loves talk to people to prescreen and qualify the calls, so that I am only really talking to the 5 people who qualify with good deposits who can do something today. That is using my time effectively. She also fields all my calls from real estate agents and vendors as well regarding properties to buy.

Well that is my 2 cents worth.

Regards,

Jason Moore

Email Me | Phone Me

@darrenb

No, Bruce the opposite. I want to find the people who have bigger deposits, but to find these ones I have to take alot of calls. I dont want to put a minimum deposit of x—- required in my adds either. I’ve been screwed a couple of times, mainly with people who have little cash deposits.

Edited by – [email protected] on 27/10/2002 8:18:16 PM

Participant
    @property-trader

Darren,

I am of the same opinion as yourself and are looking for buyers with healthy deposits. In Queensland it is essential to get healthy deposits as we have to wait 1 years to get access to the $7,000 FHOG. Funny enough I put 3 people into property this time last year and they are now eligible for the FHOG ….. awesome!!!!! …. Show me the money.

Other than the buyer is contractly having to pay me the FHOG, they are all very very happy to pay it to me why … [1] They now have roughly 10% equity in their property (the fantastic market growth has definitely helped this) … banks are more likely to consider them for refinancing. [2] Their repayments will go down by roughly $15 per week … however all of them want the repayment to stay the same. It a win-win deal all round!

On another note Darren, out of interest what state are you from and how many properties have you do …. from memory it was quite a few.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Jason Moore

Email Me | Phone Me

@darrenb

Jason. Im in melbourne. I am starting to find the running of ads very tedious indeed and am looking to automate it, by having a recorded message spelling out in fine detail what I require. If I get one more investor looking to rent the property out, I will scream!!! I remember the early excitement of taking lots of calls, but this becomes very annoying, especially when you are about to tee of a driver on the golf course. Automating it, like what youve done is definately the way to go.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ads for wrapping’ is closed to new replies.