All Topics / The Treasure Chest / My ears are ringing!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of GavinGavin
    @gavin

Hi all,

Just a note of encouragement to beginners like myself.

After reading several posts recently about the low response to ads in the paper I was very aprehensive yesterday when I placed my first wrap ad.

At 7.33am yesterday the phone rany for the first time and although I was extremely nervous when answering, I was glad that I was going to get at least one response to the ad. We were hoping to get maybe 5 or 6 calls as the paper had advised us to place the ad on Friday.
    To cut a long story short, by 5.30pm last night I had received 26 [:D] calls. I spent the whole day on the phone.

I’d also like to mention that it was Steve’s ad package that I used to do the ad and it has given us excellent results. Thanks Steve.

Yesterday morning I was very, very nervous about starting all of this and unsure of what I was going to say on the phone to people. Only one day later I feel like a professional on the phone and am at the stage where I can tell callers what they should be asking me.
    So all I can say is do your research and ‘HAVE A GO!’

Just on another note, we made a post a few days ago in regards to whether people tier there margins on the interest rate in relation to the risk, can anyone help us?

Carolynne.

Edited by – [email protected] on 10/09/2002 08:12:25 AM

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Congratulations Gavin and Carolyn. I readvertised also last week and recieved 10 calls that day and hopefully a few good leads. I started backwards in that I bought a house first . Going to advertise this week with no property just interest in the idea. Where you advertising a property or the idea when you advertised ?
    Enjoy
    AD [:0)]

A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort.
    -Sydney Smith

Profile photo of GavinGavin
    @gavin

Thanks for the reply AD.
    We are only advertising the idea, we don’t actually have any properties. Hopefully that won’t be for too long now though. The phone is still ringing today, so hopefully we will get some good leads out of this and be on our way.

Good luck for your ad this week.

Carolynne.

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

Gavin (& probably Andrew by now too)

Congratulations !!

Good on ya for having a go !!!!!!

We had a very similar experience less than 2 short years ago. Were going to do our own ad based on Steve’s Ad package, ran out of time and just put he ad in EXACTLY as he said.

Sat around Saturday morning, Denise was sick, I was scared, all fears seemed to be arriving at once….. thought the phone would not ring… talked myself into it….. and then…. it started at 8:30 and rang all day !! Similar number of callers too.

As our wonderful friend Brenton said to us after we got going “You have come through a lot of fear…”

Keep riding the wave !

cheers

Bruce

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

Ok Ok

I need to read the end of the posts too….

sorry Caroline (don’t know how I confused you with Gavin <grin>) though I guess that the congratulations have been earnt by you both [:)]

Bruce

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My ears are ringing!!’ is closed to new replies.