All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Wrong type of newspaper?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Hi everyone
    Well, I’m doing things a little differently to Steve, and have settled on a house that I now want to wrap. I put my ad in on Wednesday, and I haven’t had a single phone call. I’m assuming that my ad copy is okay (sell the sizzle and not the steak!) but I’m wondering about the local papers.
    Basically, there are 3, and none of them seem to run for sale ads in the classifieds. This week I was the only ad in there. Is this why nobody is responding, because nobody has looked there? The 3 papers also have a small display ad section earlier in the paper, usually around 4 pages in the biggest paper, 2-3 in the smaller two. Would it be worth spending the money to put a small ad in there?
    Has anyone else wrapped in an area with similar styles of newspapers?
    Any suggestions?????

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Edited by – [email protected] on 30/08/2002 08:54:05 AM

Profile photo of EKfourEKfour
    @ekfour

Hi Felicity,

In my opinion, is pointless to place an ad in the classifieds, because if they can’t afford to buy a house they won’t be looking there in the first place. We placed a HUGE 2 column ad in the classifieds, and response wasn’t anywhere near what we expected. This paper is similar to the one you’ve advertised in I believe- 3 or 4 for sale or for rent ads, no more.

Then, we decided to advertise in the middle of the news articles, where almost everyone reading the paper will stumble across the ad. The biggest surprise was that the same sized ad was actually 40% cheaper! Response hasn’t been fantastic either, but I think it will reach out to a lot more people. Just my 2 cents worth…

Cheers [:)]
    Wei

Profile photo of darrenbdarrenb
    @darrenb

Stick to the To Let sections of the local newspapers. It always draws a very good response. Some weeks you will get a trickle, some weeks you will be flooded. Change the wording if you aren’t getting many calls. I’ve personally found, the bigger and dearer the add, the less calls I get. Keep it short and simple.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Wrong type of newspaper?’ is closed to new replies.