All Topics / The Treasure Chest / To all LaTrobe Valley wrappers…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of EKfourEKfour
    @ekfour

Hi,

I’m incredibly pissed off with this agent in Traralgon, & I’d like to share my experience. I found a property that I was very interested in buying & wrapping to the tenants. The agent was highly uncoperative, which was making it hard for me. He told me that there’s a long lease, and that he was trying to work something out with the tenant. I didn’t want him evicting them, so I asked casually what he was trying to work out.

“That’s none of your business.”
    Fine, I thought. Some people are born pricks, but nothing personal.

I resorted to writing a letter to the tenant proposing the concept, and I was willing to pay full asking price for the property since the numbers stacked up well.

The tenant handed the letter to the agent, and he called up my partner & harassed her at work (she signed off the letter). Correct me if I’m wrong, but writing a letter to the tenant isn’t illegal. If anything, we were actually trying to buy the property he had for sale! And no, it’s none of his business either.

[:(!]
    Wei

Steve, request granted!
    Edited by – [email protected] on 08/08/2002 2:44:42 PM

Edited by – [email protected] on 08/08/2002 7:48:54 PM

Thanx ziz, name completely removed.

Edited by – [email protected] on 11/08/2002 2:12:34 PM

Profile photo of MatthewKellyMatthewKelly
    @matthewkelly

Hey Wei.

Ouch man . Sorry for your run in with the Agent. Perhaps he should visit the local hospital and get an injection of personality. Chin up brother….

Now, HOW CAN WE GET AROUND THIS??????

Is their ANOTHER real estate agent from another agency who would be interested in acting on your behalf? You would have to check if this was okay, but in a free market place…business is business. You might be able to tie the real estate agent acting on your behalf up with a non-disclosure agreement or something (I’m not a lawyer so someone else might be able to post something about this), and then you could buy the property out from under the nose of the jerk? There maybe an issue regarding commissions etc but why not ask. Perhaps Steve could shed some light on this, maybe he knows him…

Congrats for going for it.
    Make a point to go and buy up everything in the marketplace except the stuff that he sells…that would be the ultimate…

Onward and upward…
    Your mate.
    Matt [:D]

Profile photo of darrenbdarrenb
    @darrenb

You will find that it is Bills agency, so their is no point going over his head.
    If they were a problem tenant, would you really want to deal with them?
    Walk away from it. Dont cause problems and involve another agent. You will burn yourselves very quickly. I have had some agents in that town who refuse to sell homes to certain wrappers because of unprofessional conduct. Dont add your name to the list.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Good evening,

Wei – mate, we spoke long and hard at the seminar about creating win-win outcomes.

Don’t take this personally… just accept that in this case it is not a win-win outcome because the agent is not happy.

The La Trobe Valley is a small place… I suggest that you consider editing out the agent’s name as there is little or nothing to be gained by publishing it on the forum.

Learn from Darren’s comments and look to get people on-side rather than burning bridges. You never know when you might need it to escape!

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of EKfourEKfour
    @ekfour

OK I know I’ve over-reacted. But I guess posting the name was more of a warning to people who are operating in the region, nothing more. Yes I agree it’s not a win-win outcome in this case, due to the fact that he had his own agenda. Maybe I was naive enough to think that achieving the full asking price would have been his top priority, since it means the maximum commission will be paid.

Darren, I don’t think I was being unprofessional or getting behind the agent’s back. It’s not something I’d do. In terms of burning bridges, I already have, I guess. I’m actually moving out of the area, but this last deal seemed too attractive, hence I decided to give it a final shot.

What I’ve been doing so far is talk to the agents about what I intend to do and then getting their co-operation. Some have been indiffernt, but most have been supportive because to them, a sale is a sale! In fact I talked to the guy’s wife about 2 weeks ago & she has been incredibly helpful.

Cheers [:)]
    Wei

Profile photo of darrenbdarrenb
    @darrenb

Wei. I didn’t mean to imply that you were unprofessional.[:)]

Profile photo of EKfourEKfour
    @ekfour

Darren, nothing personal, no offence taken! Comments & criticisms on my posts/activities are always welcome.

Cheers [:)]
    Wei

Profile photo of zizziz
    Participant
    @ziz

Hi Wei

I would have thought that the lease info was part of the sale document or certainly part of the contract of sale.

I have never had any problems obtaining all the relevent info re a property even before I have indicated an interest in it.

You mention that you inform the agent of your intentions.Maybe this is the problem in this particular agents case.

To me the bottom line is that it is no concern of the agent what you do with the property after the sale. The agent could be selling you apples or any other product for that matter and would you tell someone selling you apples that you are going to eat it or stew it or whatever. Off course not and the person selling the item couldn’t careless. So why tell them about the intention to wrap particularly if you haven’t closed the sale and the agent can queite easily turn around and outbid you. This has happenned to me and a good deal was lost because I opened somebodies eyes to the possibilities available.

By the way you need to be very carefull in publishing details that can be construed as slanderous on any forums. Recently a number of people were sued for millions of $ is USA for simply stating that they were unhappy with the service and non performance of a particular business. This business then claimed damages and just the court cost of fighting the case would send you broke.

hth

ziz

Edited by – [email protected] on 11/08/2002 11:36:07 AM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘To all LaTrobe Valley wrappers…’ is closed to new replies.