All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Positive Cashflow Property on Sunshine Coast

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ijcijc
    Participant
    @ijc

I have been scouring the Sunshine Coast and hinterland for a few weeks now looking in vain for positive cash flow properties. Coast properties at best are returning about 4%PA and hinterland properties at best about 8%PA, which falls just short of the mark. These properties are usually of an age and condition where repairs and maintenance needs are high or will be soon.

Does anyone have some suggestions for me of other areas near by which may have positive cash flow properties available or any helpful suggestions at all? I would appreciate any feedback as I’m just starting out and feeling a bit disillusioned. Thanks.

Profile photo of MatthewKellyMatthewKelly
    @matthewkelly

Ian…..

Firstly, never get disillusioned. The mere fact that you are out there looking is a fantastic step in itself. I’m assuming that based on your email that you are looking for properties to buy and hold? Is this your only strategy? Every property in Australia can be positively geared!!!! All you have to do is ask “HOW can this be done”, open your mind.

What about wrapping a property (any for that matter…you just need to know what is your yardstick!) By wrapping a property, or a lease option etc, the property will be positively geared from day 1. Now remember, every state has a different slant on things so you’ll need to get in the ear of people from this board who are active in your area. Let me help you….

1. HEY…EVERYONE OUT THERE! WHO IS ACTIVE IN THE SUNSHINE COAST / HINTERLAND REGION?
    2. POST YOUR EMAIL HERE SO IAN CAN CONTACT YOU…

Ian, all you have to do is now contact them (when they post) and offer to buy them a coffee in exchange for some advice / guidance etc.

Your on your way.

All the best, your future is bright.
    Go for it!
    Matt

Profile photo of EKfourEKfour
    @ekfour

I guess the most important bit I learnt from the seminar was the 10 minutes I spent harassing Steve in person. I was looking only at wrapping, & discounting everything else. Matthew’s made a good point here- if you can’t make it cash flow using one method, try another!

Cheers [:)]
    Wei

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Ditto,
    Ian I had a good look up in the sunshine coast and while cahflow properties may be hard in residential property maybe ou should ask about commercial sites. I saw some good options available around places but I was focussing my energy elsewhere. As the others have also said there are many ways to skin a cat. I would guess that the coast (hinterland included) would be an excellent place to wrap. With wrapping if you find the right people price is somewhat irrelevant (not completely). Keep on following your dreams Ian and do not be discouraged. When properties do not appear merely look further and harder and teach yourself to become more creative….I have a funny feeling opportunity is awaiting you around the corner. Just poke your head around and see…..

Enjoy
    AD
    “One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.”
    -E. V. Lucas,

Stumbling blocks are merely stepping stones for the successful.

Profile photo of EKfourEKfour
    @ekfour

Hey Matthew,

Didn’t manage to get your contact details at the seminar. Mind posting them here? Would be great to meet up with you for a longer chat when the opportunity does present itself. By the way when’s the big day?

Cheers [;)]
    Wei

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Positive Cashflow Property on Sunshine Coast’ is closed to new replies.