All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Property Software Packages

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Profile photo of KhazenKhazen
    @khazen

Hi Steve and fellow property investors,

Just before I commence I would like to say that this forum is very educational for all levels of property investors.

I am considering purchasing a software package that will assist my research prior to purchasing another investment property. I currently use a program that I have created on an excel spreadsheet but must update.

I have been recommended Jan Somers’ Property Investment Analysis (PIA) Software that retails for approximately $245.00. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this software or willing to recommend a similar package.

Thank you.

Danny

Profile photo of TEEJAYTEEJAY
    @teejay

Hi Dan

I am also looking to use a software package to aid in purchasing a property as well as forecasting to future scenarios in helping to build an extensive property portfolio. (I do not want to be in the group of 75% of property investors who buy only one property).

It would be really helpful to hear from someone who has practical experience with Jan Sommers software package or something similar.

Regards
    Tom

Profile photo of ShaanChingShaanChing
    @shaanching

Hi Everyone,

I am new to vendor financing/wrapping and have already bought a copy of “Home Loan Analyser Deluxe”.

Can someone recommend any other software that will help to keep track of the rents, interest payments, etc of investment properties? A long time ago I was recommended something by Quicken! Also, what about some software to keep track of when payments are to be made such as for rates and insurance and I’m sure this software will also show up people’s birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Thanks for your replies.

Shaan Ching

Profile photo of KhazenKhazen
    @khazen

Hello Shaan,

With reference to your question regarding software that monitors your properties income and expenses. I have read an advertisement in the Australian Property Investor Magazine advertising ‘Property Manager Pro’. It outlines some of your needs and can be downloaded free of charge for 45 days and then if you are satisfied with the program it is $89.95.
    Have a look at the information on this site, you have nothing to loose!
    http://www.businessmall.com.au/cache/item-125public.html?cache=no
    I hope this helps!

Danny

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

I did buy property manager pro and found in very disappointing with very limited functions. I have now downloaded Jan summers for trial and it looks more promising.
    fortunately, of
    fice works took back the property manager software, cost about $89.
    Regina

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

Hi All,
    Another software package which is avaliable is R.E.A.P.
    by Dolf DeRoos. I don’t actually have a copy myself but have seen it in action quite a few times. It seems to do everything, you simply input all the parameters (rent, managment fees, body corp fees etc)along with your tax rate etc. The software spits out rental returns, cash on cash returns, pre and post tax (taking into account depreciation and deductions) which is handy.

A full outline is avaliable http://www.dolfderoos.com

Pete

Profile photo of wilsonkaywilsonkay
    @wilsonkay

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on where I might be able to buy a copy of “Home Loan Analyser Deluxe”? I have tried Harvey Norman with no success. Keep in mind I am based in Tasmania and will probably have to order it from somwhere!

Thanks,

Tim Wilson.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi all,

As far as wrap software is concerened you may want to check out a mate of mines website (Rad Williams) http://www.mypropertymaster.com which incorporates a 30 day trial period.

Good Investing,
    Tony Barton

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Tony,
    Link looks good. Do you use this software yourself ?
    Thanks
    AD [:0)]

A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort.
    -Sydney Smith

Profile photo of MichaelLongMichaelLong
    Participant
    @michaellong

quote:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on where I might be able to buy a copy of “Home Loan Analyser Deluxe”? I have tried Harvey Norman with no success. Keep in mind I am based in Tasmania and will probably have to order it from somwhere!

Thanks,

Tim Wilson.

Hi Tim,
    A good place to start would be http://www.uniwin.com.au/products/hlaDeluxe/
    it has detailed product info and you can also purchase from here!!
    It also lists retailers that stock it!!
    Hope this helps,
    Kind Regards,
    Michael…

“A failure is a person who has blundered but is not capable of cashing in on the experience.”
    -Elbert Hubbard

Profile photo of MrFairGoMrFairGo
    @mrfairgo

I bought “The Investors Fundamental Property Tool” from the John Burley “Automatic Wealth” seminar. It’s written by Clinton Swaine (Aussie investor living in the USA), who has recently transformed it into “TrackIt”.

I find TrackIt a fantastic tool for the job – purpose built to manage wrap properties, investors, potential purchases, occupiers, reports etc etc. Clinton is VERY helpful, and has rung me several times from the USA when I had a support issue. Highly recommended.

http://www.leiton.com.au/trackit/index.html

And this software is continually updated to reflect user feedback and requests.

Hope this helps

Lance

Fair Go Homes
    http://fairgohomes.com.au
    Rapt with Wrapping!
    (07) 5465 4999
    [email protected]

Profile photo of reggie2reggie2
    @reggie2

I set a goal 2 months ago to have 2 investment properties before the next 5 years. I went out and purchased “somerset PIA Version 7.0 (personal)” for $140.00 and started to do some figures.
    its 2 months to the day and i am exchanging contracts on my first property.
    i found the program to be great, so easy and basic to use but very accurate.
    i dont know how i would have invested without it as it covers all costs and returns……it is great. :)

Profile photo of VincentGVincentG
    @vincentg

I have the PIA software. It is helpful to use when guaging potential properties and the “cost to you”.
    I had trouble selling the figures to the bank. They have their own calculators.
    I have been using ‘property genius” which does similar [although the cost to you figures are different]
    BUT it is excellent to keep track of all expenses, with a book keeper area that was similar to MYOB.
    No recs but what I am finding.

Profile photo of KhazenKhazen
    @khazen

Thanks for all the replies guys; your response has been wonderful!
    Vincent do you have the Personal or Professional edition?
    Steve, do you have any recommendations in this area?

Profile photo of PeterTPeterT
    @petert

PIA written by Ian Somers is an excellent product and I have used it to perform an analysis of the properties I’ve purchased. The only two problems with it is:

1) It has a lot of variables, so you need to be careful of the numbers you enter. That said, properly used, it covers PI very thoughly.

2) It is primarily designed for the classic buy and hold negative geared property. Getting it to analyse a wrap deal would be tricky at best.

For buy and hold property, it is an invaluable tool for analysing the deal.

Peter T.

Profile photo of HGHG
    @hg

Message for Tim – I found Home Loan Analyser Deluxe at Officeworks (Launceston) $54 and am already tucking in to it!

HG
    [email protected]

Profile photo of wilsonkaywilsonkay
    @wilsonkay

Thanks HG – looks like I will have to pay a visit sometime soon or put through a phone order!

Good to see another Tassie-ite here :-)

Tim.

“Poverty is not an option”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Friends,

Surely the issue about software is to look at what needs you have and then find something to match it within your budget.

Personally all I use is MYOB and some crafty Excel spreadsheets.

But then again I’m a cheap sod.

Steam_Train

Profile photo of MSLMSL
    Participant
    @msl

quote:

I have the PIA software. It is helpful to use when guaging potential properties and the “cost to you”.
    I had trouble selling the figures to the bank. They have their own calculators.
    I have been using ‘property genius” which does similar [although the cost to you figures are different]
    BUT it is excellent to keep track of all expenses, with a book keeper area that was similar to MYOB.
    No recs but what I am finding.

Hi Vincent, does PropertyGenius have All in One features put together – is it a sufficient all purpose software? or would you need PIA to supplement it?

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

PIA by Jan Somers is a great program to compare one potential property investmnet to another, but as has already been mentioned, to make it work effectively you need to input many variables
    It’s a simple program to use, but you need to have a little property knowledge to get the most out of it.
    The personal edition is all the average investor needs so it is not expensive.
    A great benefit is it creates impressive reports which you can use in your finance applications to lenders

Michael Yardney
    Metropole Properties

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Property Software Packages’ is closed to new replies.