Since 2001 | Total Members: 162,659

Steve_H

  • Steve_H replied to the topic Would you recommend property styling for a rental? in the forum General Property 10 years, 6 months ago

    I just renovated a unit in SA and took the property managers advise that it was not worth staging. If renovated, it will be substantially more appealing than anything else on offer. Sure enough he had 4 applications at the first open and the tenant moved in 4 days later. Saved me $1600

  • Steve_H replied to the topic About to make first offer for IP, What settlement date should I state? in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 10 months ago

    Yes Corey the property is in SA. Thank for that

  • Steve_H replied to the topic About to make first offer for IP, What settlement date should I state? in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 10 months ago

    I might be getting confused about what I have been asked to sign. Could someone read the below email and let me know if this is normal? Am I being over cautious?
    Cheers

    Usually agents do not order until they have a contract offer as all information needs to be current and searches expire.

    The usual way is to make an offer on contract and then…[Read more]

  • Steve_H replied to the topic About to make first offer for IP, What settlement date should I state? in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 10 months ago

    Ok thank you guys. I will take your advise and specify a longer period. Also the sellers agent seems reluctant to supply the managent fund info I have requested so I may not be proceeding at all.
    Regards

  • Steve_H replied to the topic About to make first offer for IP, What settlement date should I state? in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 10 months ago

    Hi Terry, I was hoping to complete before Christmas so I can use the holidays to get it ready for renting in Jamuary. Do you see a potential problem with completing on the 18th? I’ve not submitted the contract yet as I have asked for the minutes and accounts from the managent fund on advise from the conveyancer and am waiting for them to make sure…[Read more]

  • Steve_H replied to the topic About to make first offer for IP, What settlement date should I state? in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 10 months ago

    I phoned round a few conveyancers for prices. Got quoted $600+GST. Seems like a good date for completion would be 18th December

  • Hi all, as the title says I am about to make an offer for a property. The sellers agent has requested some information to form a contract for me to sign. One of the items of information is the settlement date. I have deposit and purchasing costs and pre approval for more than the balance. I’m not sure what date to state for the settlement. How…[Read more]

  • I’m no lawyer but I would imagine the lifting of a roller door would not be a reasonable cause for complaint. If they had a car and wanted to put it in and out of the garage what would be the difference?

  • Steve_H replied to the topic Reliable Median Price Source in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 11 months ago

    Thank you for your reply BuyersAgent that’s very helpful.

  • Steve_H started the topic Reliable Median Price Source in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 11 months ago

    Hi,
    So much of what I have read has stressed the importance of buying at or below the Median Price for the house type in an area.
    However, I am finding disparity between median prices and would like to know which source to trust.
    If I use the example of Woodville Gardens in Adelaide, that I have just been looking at.
    Realestate.com.au shows the…[Read more]

  • Steve_H replied to the topic Adelaide newbie suburb selection question. in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 11 months ago

    Thanks for all the replies, I heave found some inspiration in the links provided. I am looking for a 3 bed house. Or possibly 2 bed with the potential to add a 3rd. Would it be fair to say a good place to start would be to shortlist suburbs with a median price for 3 bed houses around the value I expect mine would be worth post Reno, and then go…[Read more]

  • Steve_H replied to the topic Adelaide newbie suburb selection question. in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 11 months ago

    Thanks Benny,
    I have deposit purchasing costs and pre approval for a 350k property with a further 50k for renovation costs.
    I am well connected with local trades and don’t think I’m upto a remote Reno just yet.
    I was hoping for positive or at least neutral gearing following the Reno.
    Thanks for your interest, I will read through the links…[Read more]

  • Steve_H replied to the topic Adelaide newbie suburb selection question. in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 11 months ago

    Thanks for your reply. I suppose the reason for Adelaide is I’m not confident enough to purchase unseen for my first one.
    I’m looking for 10 year+ hold but early growth for equity would be a bonus.
    I am overwhelmed with all the suburbs in one state so I’m not sure I could cope with widening the search!

  • Steve_H started the topic Adelaide newbie suburb selection question. in the forum Help Needed! 10 years, 11 months ago

    Hello folks, first post on here so please go easy on me!
    I am in the market for my first investment property, looking for established house with potential to add value with a purchase cost of around 350k
    I have read a lot about research and due diligence once you have found a possible suitable property but the part I am struggling with is creating…[Read more]

  • Steve_H became a registered member 11 years, 1 month ago

Steve_H

Step 1 - 0% Complete

Fill Out Your Member Profile Below

Fill in the required fields below to complete your registration.

Registration not only grants you full access to this website, but will also enable us to send you our newsletter, latest investor tips, strategies and information about events/products relevant to investors. You can opt out at any time.

Used to log in to the website and for targeting with messages. Alphanumeric characters only. No spaces allowed..

Member Login
Lost your password?
×
162,659

Register Free To Unlock Unrestricted Access To PropertyInvesting.com

×
1-Day Millionaire Mastermind Workshop - Only LIVE Training in 2019!