I would question what's exactly included in his fees.
1. A fee of $10,000 for DA Approval – does this include the costs of Design Fees and Townplanning Reports? If not, then I would question what his involvement would be.
2. 2.5% for construction costs per unit – is he going to send your project out to the market for a competitive…[Read more]
DavidRSP replied to the topic Will building an extra bedroom help sell a property? in the forum Value Adding 10 years, 10 months ago
I think from a specification point of view, its going to help quite a lot. But having said that, you need to have good spot to place the extra bedroom.
$800 per square meter might get you a very basic standard of finish and the build would most likely come from a spec home builder. These are much cheaper for the following reasons:
– They have contracts set in place between head contractors and subcontractors, to build a set number of houses. So the turnaround time must be very fast for the…[Read more]
I'd watch the costs of the concrete here. If there is a massive variance in costs between the tenderers for the concreting component of tender, you should look at the full specifications of what is being provided, to ensure you are comparing apples for apples. There is a massive cost difference between different strength rating and the…[Read more]
Yes, there would be some other costs as well.
Without the full details of your projects, I am going to throw in a few assumptions here and there:
1. Consultancy fees – You need to make allowance for a group of consultants to get your townplanning / building permits and other approvals.
2. Approvals – There would be some fees…[Read more]