All Topics / General Property / Buyers agent/property investment services

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of kristykristy
    Participant
    @kristymckee12

Hi All,
    I’m a new investor and looking to put together a property investment plan, get some advice and look for a buyers agent.
    I have been looking into Metropole and integrity property investment mentor’s (daimie patterson). If anyone has used either and could let me know how they found the services?
    Thanks!

Profile photo of Griffo70Griffo70
    Participant
    @griffo70

Hi Kristie,

I am relatively new to property investing too, i have just purchased my first investment property in Brisbane. I used Lloyd Edge from Australian Property Professionals and cannot recommend him highly enough. He provides a full service and organises everything from finding the right property to get you started all the way through to building and pest inspections, property management, finding tenants, negotiating rent etc. He is always happy to meet in person and map out a strategy that suits your goals, he is Sydney based but buys in both Queensland and Sydney. I will certainly be using him for future purchases.

Do yourself a favour and give him a call.

Let me know how you get on.

Clint.

Profile photo of kristykristy
    Participant
    @kristymckee12

Hi Clint,
    Thanks for the recommendation! I will look him up and call him tomorrow.
    Thanks again,
    Kristy

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Kristy

Where are you looking to purchase?

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @kristymckee12

Hi Jamie,

To start with I think I’d like to stick with residential houses. This is why I would like to get a plan together and seek some advice.

Thanks Kristy

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Sorry – I meant which state/city? :-)

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @kristymckee12

Sorry, completely misread that. I’m not really sure yet, also why I would like to get some advice. I really have no idea where to start when it comes to researching suburbs etc.

Thanks, kristy

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Kristy,
    Maybe start by chatting with a Mortgage Broker. See, it is no good considering buying in inner Sydney if your finances don’t allow it. Better to get a good idea of how much you can spend. This will likely provide some limits as to “where to buy” right upfront. As well as that, just by answering questions the Broker asks will help you to “learn what is needed”.

Other than that, do a bunch of reading to help get you more comfortable in the “property investing world”. Maybe start with this thread :-
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/4410491-the-big-picture-for-new-readers-especially/

Benny

Participant
    @kristymckee12

Thanks for the advice, I think that will be my next step – have a chat to a broker and get my current property valuators to see what I can leverage.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Kirsty

With the major changes to investment lending introduced by lenders over the last month or so you definitely want to order a valuation on you current property to see what equity can be accessed as many lenders are limiting lvr’s to 80%.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 Properties in a decade. Ask me for a copy of my API Interview.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of DonavanDonavan
    Participant
    @donavan

Well i have bought my ninth investment property in London. I used Jack Chris from UK Property Experts and cannot suggest him highly enough. He provides a complete support and organises everything from finding the right property to get you began all the way through to developing and insect inspections, property management, and more etc..

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Hi @kristymckee12

As others have said when choosing locations finances are a pretty big first step to narrow the hunt. Someone like Jamie Moore (who posted above) would be a good choice he is very reputable, friendly and I have seen him get results.

If you are focussed on inner city apartments and can afford these, I can confirm Metropole do a good job and should offer a consistent service in Melb, Syd, Bris. I have a friend who has just used them in Syd and Bris and is happy. I think they run a one stop shop service and have their own finance brokers they recommend.

Be warned they are anti fringe suburban property, and anti regional property, so if you are looking for more affordable options they probably won’t be a good fit.

Best of luck!
    Matt

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of BuyersAgent BuyersAgent.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of Jerry ParkerJerry Parker
    Participant
    @jerryparker

Matt,

The company you mentioned, Metropole, they are a Buyer’s agent. So does that mean they charge the buyer for transacting the deal? or they charge the buyer for a consulting service? Do you have any idea how much they charge? I am also assuming this is on top on the commission the sales agent would be getting from the sale of the property.

Thanks I have always wondered how this works.

Jerry

Profile photo of CanberraClaireCanberraClaire
    Participant
    @canberraclaire

Hi Jerry

Buyers agents all work differently, but yes they charge the buyer for their services in assisting with the purchasing side. Some have a commission fee basis, some a fixed fee basis. Some charge whether you buy or not, others only if successful. You’d be best asking Metropole directly, and yes it’s on top of the commission the other agent selling the property receives.

Hope this helps,
    Claire

CanberraClaire | Capital Buyers Agency
    http://www.capitalbuyersagency.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Exclusively for property buyers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.