All Topics / Value Adding / Cost of a new small kitchen

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of alfrescodiningalfrescodining
    Participant
    @alfrescodining

Hi everyone.

I’m thinking of doing a renovation in my investment property. The kitchen is dated, ugly and partly broken.

What should I expect to pay for a new kitchen (including dishwasher)? It’s a small kitchen – 6 or 7sqm.

I’m not interested in getting a flatpack or doing any work myself. The finishes would be normal – not flashy, not trashy.

I’m asking you guys because I couldn’t get a straight answer out of my internet searching.

Would appreciate anyone’s advice who has done this kind of thing before.

Thankyou.

Profile photo of Captain Risk0Captain Risk0
    Participant
    @worked

I’ve done one recently – well the whole unit. But get quotes – its free apart from the phone call.

Profile photo of alfrescodiningalfrescodining
    Participant
    @alfrescodining

If I was going to get the floor tiled too, would the tiling come before the new kitchen and go on top of the tiles?

Or do the kitchen benches/cabinets/cupboards get put in first, and just tile around where they have been put?

Profile photo of Captain Risk0Captain Risk0
    Participant
    @worked

For me, kitchen and skirting ripped out for tiling. Skirting and kitchen over top and sealed with sanitary white silicon to tile. The tilers come back for the splashback.

But ask the tiler in your case when you get the quote done. Get a good experienced tiler -> their age is a good start. An experienced tiler will know exactly what to do because they have done it 1000 times before. The older ones are usually old school which means they are more likely to charge fairly for the work they do.

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

2-4k for a small basic kitchen. 3-5k for slightly better all done.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of ObrienObrien
    Participant
    @evelynobrien

The overall renovation cost depends on the quality of products you are going to select like counter top slab,sinks and other kitchen fixtures.I have recently upgraded my kitchen where I have used Neolith as a counter top slab which is light weight and easy to handle .I have also replaced sink and other kitchen fixtures for giving fresh,magnificent look to a kitchen and have also increased my home value.

Participant
    @knightm

@alfrescodining how did you go?

BuyersAgent | Precium
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Really depends, usually 3-5k for a basic kitchen.

I’ve personally been using a supplier for all my Adelaide properties for a couple years now which generally come between 2-2.5k for a kitchen, valuations always come up a treat. This is one from one our recent renovation projects, came in at 2.5k for the kitchen:

Renovation Kitchen

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

$2.5k for the cabinets only or $2.5k for everything inc backsplash/appliances/installation etc?

Participant
    @cjaysa

That particular one was 2.5k for cabinets + handles. 2Pac cabinetry, soft close drawers blah blah.

Rangehood was $120, installation $660.

Splashback was $80 for tile, glue and grout. (it’s nice to get out of the office occasionally and get on the tools) If you were that way inclined and had some spare time, installation for these kitchens is quite simple, all carcasses are pre-assembled and doors predrilled – adult version of Lego.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

Nice job Shame they aren’t in Sydney am going to need 2 kitchen replacements in next 12-18 months.

Profile photo of MelbournianMelbournian
    Participant
    @ash107

Curious – who’s your supplier? Are there suppliers in a similar price range in Melbourne?

Participant
    @cjaysa

http://www.amorinifactoryoutlet.com.au/locations.html

Looks like they’re in Victoria too, in Clayton.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of KaviKavi
    Participant
    @kavi

Thanks for the information..Planing to do same sort of work soon and will contact them to check on this

Profile photo of alfrescodiningalfrescodining
    Participant
    @alfrescodining

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I did it myself except for the tiling and new sink.

I would post pictures if this site allowed it. I don’t have anywhere I can upload it to for a link. The picture hosting sites are too confusing.

Participant
    @knightm

@cjaysa great kitchen and great install cost there, getting the install under 1k is much harder in our areas but if you can do that you will almost always get a great outcome. My cheapest install ever was 700 so you are winning!

BuyersAgent | Precium
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of AshAsh
    Participant
    @ash-dhs

Corey are you able to please clarify how much of the kitchen you did yourself? Was $2.5k the cost of the cabinets etc and you installed it yourself or were there professional installation costs on top of this? I might be looking at doing a kitchen reno myself in the near future so curious to know approximate numbers

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.