All Topics / Help Needed! / *annexed* unit in Logan city council area

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of waydo77waydo77
    Participant
    @waydo77

Hi all,

Currently looking at the feasability of doing an annexed unit (granny flat) in the logan city council area.

scoured these forums, council website, Google, and couldn’t get much sense anywhere, seems to be a lot of conflicting information. So I have these questions for anyone with (or looking to have) properties in the area. I believe the current town plan has been modified recently or may still be happening at the moment. However a quick search on gumtree found granny flats for rent in the area.

1. can an annexed unit (granny flat) be rented to unrelated persons of the actual house on the block?
    2. Can the annexed flat have laundry and kitchen facilities e.g self contained?
    3. What is the maximum size an annexed unit can be? (I have heard it can be the same size as the original house minus 1m2)
    4. does anyone know minimum block size or frontage, setbacks etc?

Theres a beer in it for any help!

Wadeo

Profile photo of waydo77waydo77
    Participant
    @waydo77

*bump* anyone?

Profile photo of waydo77waydo77
    Participant
    @waydo77
    Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hi Waydo,

Mate there are many different opinions on this but last i was aware in logan
    (we got the qld council’s info docs about 12 months ago)
    was you could only rent them to the same family members(or anyone on one lease for the block)
    But they were trying to change it to be able to lease seperately.
    I know people who build them legally completely self contained and i know other investment groups who build them and instead of installing laundry- install just a washing machine in kitchen.

In ipswitch they had changed it that you could only have a 1 bedder flat (size)
    but could now rent them seperately ( non related parties)
    (they were first in brisbane/qld to allow this apparently.

Best thing is chat to a company who is building them and get some real knowledge on it .builders are given good power in qld as they work with certifiers together to get things approved

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.